Chapter 9**

2 months.

That's how long it took for Michael's lawyer to draft up the divorce papers.

And that's all it took for me to fall for Michael.

"Ready to head back to the office?" I wiped my mouth and nodded to Blaise. He had quickly become my best friend. Sure I still had Holli, but she was moving on in her relationship with Chase, so her appearances were getting rear.

"Come on, Boo bear! Get your waddling butt up!" I glared amusedly at him and flicked him off. He laughed and walked behind me back to his car.

"I'm not waddling yet!" He chuckled, and ignored me.

"So how is it going with Michael?" I sighed dreamily and rubbed my swollen belly.

"Just great. I'm really falling for him, Blaise." He glanced over at me and smiled.

"I'm happy for you, boo bear." We drove back to the office quietly and I just reminisced on the last two months. Michael had been the best. He still wouldn't go further with me because he believed that it wasn't right.

I respected that and he just stayed the gentleman he was. We got back to the office and I put my purse back on my desk when I heard voices in Michael's office. I moved closer and looked through the crack in the doorway.

"Michael, why are you doing this to me? We've been married for 4 years, why would you throw all that away?"

"Ash, look I'm sorry, but I just can't do it anymore."

"Can't do what? I'm sorry I can't give you a child. I'm so sorry that my body wouldn't hold the eggs. I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you." Ashley's voice cracked and the tears flooded down her cheeks. Michael hugged her closer to his body and kissed the top of her head.

I instantly felt jealous, but I held it in. Michael was mine.

Right?

"Ashley, you are enough for me. I love you and you have given me some of the best times of my life."

Okay, that hurt.

"Then why are you divorcing me?" Michael sat down in his chair and pulled Ashley into his lap. That's what he used to do to me and I felt tears spring into my eyes, but I stayed to listen more.

"I honestly don't know. I just- I don't know." Now that was a hard blow to my heart. He didn't know why he wanted to divorce her? He didn't want to be with me?

"We can go to therapy and I'll look into adoption agencies. I'll do it all." He didn't answer and leaned down to kiss her and that did it. I rushed out of there and kept my head down as I headed to Gabe's office. His personal assistant was a nice older lady who always gave me a jolly rancher.