Chapter 6**

"Micah, can you come back to the office with me? I want to talk to you." I glanced at Holli and she nodded slightly to let me know she heard.

"Okay." I was hesitant because I know he wanted to talk about the rape. Just the thought made me sick. Somebody was inside of me; somebody stole my virginity and impregnated me.

The rest of lunch was pleasant and I could tell that Gabriel and Holli hit it off. They laughed and joked around the whole time while I just silently watched and smiled. I liked to see Holli happy and I'm sure if she didn't have a boyfriend, she's like Gabe. It's not like he's ugly.

The waiter came back with the bill and Michael paid for it, but not until he had argued with Gabriel and Holli about the bill. Even in the short time I have known Michael, I knew it was a pointless argument.

After the argument, Gabriel slid out of his booth and Holli followed suit. He gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek before leaving for a meeting. Michael, Holli, and I walked a little more slowly than Gabe did, and Michael gave the same type of goodbye as Gabriel did. "It was very nice to meet you, Holli. I'm sure this won't be the last time." Michael beamed at her and I know she was a little taken back by it. Shoot, I still was taken aback by it.

"I'm sure it won't be. See you at home?" She asked looking at me and I nodded. She waved and got in her car and we waited until she'd left the parking lot before we pulled out. We got stuck in lunch time traffic and Michael reached over and grabbed my hand. I looked up and smiled at him; he pulled my hand to his lips and gently kissed it.

"I got a surprise for you at the office. Two actually. I hope you like them." I looked over at him confused.

"Why would you get anything for me?" I was just a friend, his adoptive baby's mother.

"Why wouldn't I?" I decided to be quiet even though I didn't really agree. I mean, Michael didn't owe me anything.

We arrived at the office and he led me through the different floors offices, explaining what each floor did. I did get a few weird looks, especially with the fact that the co-CEO of the company was leading me around with an arm on my lower back.

"This is the floor that I'm on. That right there is Gabe's office, so if you ever come here and can't find me." He said pointing at a frosted glass room on the other side of the office floor. He led me into another frosted glass room and I was amazed at how big it was in here. We were standing in a white room that held one desk, then at the end of the room was another door that had Michael's name engraved in gold on it. "Gabe's office looks just like this one. The room we are in is made for my personal secretary."

He led me into the office at the end that had his name engraved on it. That room was gorgeous, all the fixtures like the desk and the built in wall bookshelf were made of a rich mahogany oak. His chair was big and official looking, but most importantly it looked ridiculously comfortable. I made a bee line for his chair and moaned in delight at how comfortable the chair was. I just melted in it and Michael chuckled before picking me up and putting me in his lap. I squeaked in surprise and jumped as his arms tightened around my waist.

"Now isn't this more comfortable?" I would never admit it, but being in Michael's lap was probably going to always be the most comfortable thing ever. His subtle cologne always invaded my senses and his facial hair always brushed against my neck causing me to shiver.