Chapter 18**

"Hey Angel, you want to pay daddy a visit at work?" I rocked Sophia in my arms and she just stared back at me with her innocent eyes. I readied her and Conner's car seats then safely buckled them into the car. I always got nervous with them in the car because of the baby horror stories you hear. I love my babies too much for them to get hurt.

I drove into my normal spot in the office parking lot and walked into the office lobby. Unsurprisingly, Ashley glared hatefully at me, but her devious eyes seemed to light up when she saw my children. I turned and hurried away from her, because mama bear was kicking in and I was not going to cause a scene with Michael's ex-wife in the lobby.

It felt good to say that.

Ex-wife.

I rode in the elevator and ignored all the blatantly rude stares at me and my children. The door opened and I was once again welcomed by rude stares and Blaise. He smiled at me and his eyes lit up when he noticed that I had the kids with me.

"Michael's had a rough day. He could use some cheering up." He nodded his head towards the office and I made my way back there, passing my old desk that was occupied by an older woman. I walked past her and she stood up.

"Excuse me, ma'am. You cannot go in there. Do you have an appointment?" I raised an eyebrow at her before shaking my head and opening the door.

Michael had his head in his hands and I heard him cussing under his breath. "So I'm guessing this would be a bad time to want to take my fiancée out to lunch?" His head snapped up and his posture softened.

"Lunch sounds great. Time with Gabe and Blaise too?" I nodded. I left the kids with him in the office and left to go invite Gabe and Blaise, but I caught my name in the hallways.

"Can you believe her? They probably lied and he didn't adopt those kids. She probably got pregnant and pinned him and blackmailed him into marrying her. Such a whore." Hearing this hurt because this is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I didn't want to be known as the office whore. I knew what happened between Michael and I was unorthodox, but I loved him.

I walked to Gabe's office in a slight daze and I didn't even joke about the compromising spot I caught the two in. "Micah, what's wrong?" Blaise got off of Gabe's lap and Made his way over to me. He embraced me and that started the tears.

"This is what I didn't want! I don't want to be known as the office whore! I just want to be able to love Michael and it be alright!" He hugged me tighter and Gabe stormed out of the office. I heard him yelling to the office to meet in one of the rooms that we usually had staff meetings in. I heard the murmurs of the office, questioning why Gabe was yelling so angrily in the office. Blaise and I trailed the back, but that still didn't stop the disappointed stares at me and the whispers. We all made it into the staff room and Gabe called for silence.

"Right now is the only time I'm going to give you unpunishable time to air whatever problem you have with Mr. Tucker and his fiancée. After this point, I will suspend you without pay, indefinitely. This is your warning and I suggest you not test me." The room was quiet, before an older woman broke the silence.

"I think it's wrong that she pinned her babies on our boss. He always looked so in love with his wife and now she has broken them up." Blaise jumped up angrily.