Chapter 22**

Michael's POV

I leaned back in my chair and smirked at Blaise who was telling some animated story about one of his adventures with Gabe. "Yeah, so after the lady cussed out Gabe, he grabbed my hand and we walked out of the restaurant without paying a dime!"

"You know how Gabriel is. He's a mess." Blaise sighed and plopped down in the chair across from my desk.

"You know, me and Gabe were thinking about adopting a kid. What do you think about that?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Gabe was never a man to settle down, but it seems that he was actually serious about it with Blaise.

"I think it's good that Gabe is finally settling down. I like you for him. He needs someone like you." Blaise blushed, but didn't comment. We sat in silence just contemplating our thoughts when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I tensed when I saw Ashley standing there smiling sweetly at me and Blaise.

"Hello gentlemen, it's nice to see you." My eyes never left the conniving woman in front of me. When I asked Blaise to leave the room, he complied with no problems.

"Michael, I no longer want to take your children from you." Ashley wasn't one to just let things go like that.

"But what do you want?"

"You." I scoffed at the stupidity in that statement.

"Excuse me? I'm a married man, now." Her eyes turned to slits and narrowed in on the silver band on my ring finger.

"Divorce her like you did me." Was she really this stupid?

"No." I stood up not encouraging this conversation anymore. Ashley was clearly becoming delusional and I wouldn't tolerate it.

"Look Ashley, I'm not divorcing Micah. I love her and my family." She scowled and crossed her arms. She sat down in the seat that Blaise previously occupied. Her admittedly long, beautiful legs crossed and she began to bounce her foot that was encased in a blue stiletto.

"I guess you don't care about the safety of your little wifey." I froze and turned sharply to face Ashley's smug face.

"What?" Ashley pulled up something on her phone and it was a video feed on Micah playing with the kids in the living room.

"You divorce her and meet me tonight in the Marriott Hotel tonight. Room 458. Be there at 10." She stood up and put her hands on her hips. "Be ready to have a little fun, I've missed your wild side in bed."

I fumed in silence as Ashley waved her manicured fingers at me before leaving my office. I sat back down and dialed the house phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby girl. How's Sophie and Conn?"

"They're good. I'm actually playing with them now." She started talking to the kids and I smiled at how adorable the image was in my head. "Wanna talk to daddy?" There was a shuffling of the phones and then I heard a slightly low pitched babble and knew Conner was on the phone.