Chapter 20**

Michael's POV:

I was mad, no I was livid with what Ashley did. There had to have been some kind of bribery involved because there is no way the police can just come and take my children.

After talking to my lawyers, I knew something was amiss. There was no signs of abuse, so the police needed actual evidence before bringing in child services to take our kids. Ashley solidified my belief.

When Ashley showed up to work with photos of my children, I nearly flipped. I had to leave and go back home to my severely depressed fiancée. Seeing Micah this way hurt me so much. She barely ate and she never left our bedroom. I wanted my lively baby girl back, but I knew that wasn't going to happen without our children with their rightful parents.

I stormed into the police office and everyone looked at me surprised, except for one man. One of the police officers that showed up at my doorstep a week ago. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights as I stormed over to him and I could understand why. I was built much bigger than he was and my muscles were clenched in rage.

"Can I speak with you for a minute, officer?" I really just wanted to punch him in the face and get my kids back, but that wasn't the way to go. The trembling man led me back to an empty office and I closed the door before facing him. "How did she get my children?"

"She paid us and gave us fake papers of adoption. We both knew it was fake, but the money she offered was needed at the moment."

"So are you telling me that my kids are less important than your greedy wants?" My voice rose dangerously and the man flinched back.

"No-"

"How do I get them back? That's all I care about." He looked even more scared.

"I don't know. The child protective services deals with this stuff and that lady was paid off by Ms. Tucker too." I growled at the sound of my last name still connected to hers. I opened the door and left the trembling man in the office and got into my car.

It was like nostalgia going back to my old house. I missed the sunlight that would come through the window and the nice tile floors. I sounded lame, but you missed those things after living in an apartment again.

It didn't matter though, because I'd live wherever Micah wanted to live. I knocked loudly on the door and heard babies crying.

My sweet babies. Ashley opened the door and her eyes widened when she saw me. She tried to shut the door, but I put my foot in the way and pried the door open. When I got in the house, I slammed the door shut and noticed how scared Ashley looked right now.

"You have every right to be scared right now, Ashley. I was raised right by my mother, but it's about to go out the window if you piss me off. Right now, I miss my kids dearly and I would do anything to help my depressed fiancée. Anything." My eyes glittered in angry promises and Ashley took a step back.

"Michael, why are you doing this? It was supposed to be us raising a child together! Just come back to me and we can raise the twins the right way!"