Chapter 7**

The red glided over my lips and I dabbed my finger over it to make sure it was even. I glanced over myself in the mirror and I knew I looked good.

For a pregnant girl, at least.

My tight white shirt accentuated my almost 3 month baby bump and was professionally tucked into my black pencil skirt. I added red flats into the mix to make my lipstick pop. I added a little mascara and I was ready.

Holli dropped me off at the office and I glanced nervously at her. "What if nobody likes me?" She looked at me, then busted out laughing.

"Micah, you have the two bosses wrapped around your pinky finger. Who cares?" I smiled at her and hugged her before stepping out of her car and entering the building. The front lobby was spacious and very quiet compared to the upstairs parts.

It was nerve wrecking.

I walked to the elevator and I walked to the back corner, to stay unnoticed. The elevator quickly filled and the last to step in was Ashley. I held my breath and prayed she didn't notice me. I know I would eventually have to interact with her, but I wanted to avoid it as long as possible. I hadn't seen her since the run-in at her house.

The elevator slowly emptied until there was only 5 people left and the only floor left was Michael's. There were two men who looked overly serious and were balding, then it was a younger man, probably around my age. He was adorably nerdy looking and he smiled at me, then there was Ashley. She still hadn't looked back and I silently thanked God.

The door opened and everybody poured out, but the younger man, slowed down to leave when I did. "Hi, you look new." I smiled shyly.

"Yea, am I that obvious?" He chuckled and nodded.

"It's cool. We all were in your shoes at one point. What's your name?" He led me through the office and I noticed we were going towards Gabe's office.

"I'm Micah, and what might your name be?"

"I'm Blaise. I like it because it counteracts some of my nerdiness." I busted out laughing and a few people in the office turned to look.

"I'm sorry, but I was thinking the same thing. At least you are an adorable nerd."

"Well I am touched by your compliment. Well I guess you have to go talk with the bosses, they can me a little much sometimes, so good lu-"

Before he even finished, Gabe walked out of the office and beamed when he saw me. "Sunshine!" He came over and hugged me tightly. "You know, I still have to treat you like all the other employees." I scoffed.

"Says the guys who just bear hugged me in front of the whole office." He smirked a little and I punched him on the shoulder. "You know, you should come over and visit me and Holli sometimes. Michael doesn't always have to be there, Jerk." He laughed and started walking with me towards Michael's office.