Chapter 27**

Michael's POV:

I ran towards Micah ad wrapped her in my arms breathing in her scent. "Oh baby girl, I missed you so much!"

"I didn't miss you. Leave me." I pulled away and stared at her in utter shock. "I was happy here and now you're ruining it." Something was off in this whole situation. There was no way that Micah wanted this.

"Micah, I can't leave you here. If you still-" I paused and took a deep breath. "If you still want the divorce, I'll give it to you." She smiled, but it looked weird and haunted.

"Good, because Ron said he'd divorce his wife and we'd live happily ever after."

I jumped up in a cold sweat and swore as I rubbed my face slowly. My mind was playing tricks on me because I knew there was no way that she wanted to stay there, but I wasn't sure if she still wanted me. She had asked me for that divorce, but did this change how she felt about me?

Then it occurred to me, would Micah think me even more of a killer if I went to retrieve her? Would she think worse of me as I beat Ron 3 inches of his life and allowed Vin to complete the job?

Would she blame me if I killed him myself?

So many different things ran through my head at the same time and they were giving me a headache. I flipped over the edge of the lonely bed and flinched when my feet touched the cold ground. As much as I wanted to continue just focusing on finding Micah, I couldn't leave Gabe to all the work of the company.

I still remembered how haggard he looked when I was hurt and couldn't work. I pulled out my phone and called Gabe. "Hello?"

He still sounded like he was sleeping and I felt bad for disturbing him. "I'm sorry for waking you up, man. I just was going to ask if you could send me my part of the cases for the job."

"No."

"No?" Did he just deny me the right to my work? Did he not realize I was trying to help him?

"I haven't been alone in working. Blaise has been helping me and has actually been really efficient in helping. Also, working helps him get his mind off of everything. Don't worry about work, your job will still be here." We both chuckled lamely. "Focus on getting our girl back."

"Our girl? I thought she was my wife?" He laughed now and I smiled at the sound. It had been a while since I last heard make such an honest laugh.

"Yeah, but we all know she's sweet on me." Now it was my turn to laugh and I silently thanked my best friend for making me feel better already.

"Yeah, whatever man. I'll call you later."

"Yeah, Blaise sleepily said hello." I heard a voice complain in the background and smiled at the interaction between those two.

"Gabe, am I on speaker?"

"Nah man, what's up?"