Chapter 25**

Michael's POV:

I sighed as I unlocked the door to my wife's apartment.

Wife's apartment. It was supposed to be our apartment. I was going to buy us a house next week and now I was alone. The painful nostalgia was already kicking and I didn't like it. What could I do to prove to her that I was worthy? She had no reason to be afraid of me, I loved her!

Did I ever hurt her?

No.

Did I yell at her?

Once.

Curse at her?

Once.

Love her?

Every damn day.

Micah never said she was afraid, but I saw it in her eyes that she was scared of me. The constant cautious look; there was a glint in her eyes. That moment where she looked like a scared doe about to be devoured. The constant want to make sure I was happy. Never before had Micah been such a house wife and I noticed it. I said I'd talk to her about it, air out all of our problems, but I didn't.

 I tried to ignore it, but look where that got me.

Sophia started crying and I made my way upstairs to the kids' room. I looked around the light green room and smiled at the innocence that thrived in here. I loved my kids so much even if they weren't biologically mine. Surprisingly, their dark hair and bluish gray eyes allowed them to pass as mine. I could only thank God for that too.

I walked into the room and realized it was unnervingly quiet despite Sophia's crying. Micah was always quick to appear when one of our kids were distressed. "Micah?" No answer. I picked up Sophia and felt her heavy diaper. I changed it and smiled as my daughter stared at me curiously.  I knew my face was a little more haggard than normal, and my children were smart enough to pick up on it.

"Daddy's having a bad day, cutie." Amusement lit up her eyes and I shook my head at how it seemed that she really understood me. I picked up Conner and bounced them in my arms to entertain them as I started to inconspicuously search the upstairs for Micah.

I started in the bedroom and the bed room ruffled, but also untouched at the same time. It was if Micah had just gotten up, but hadn't been back for a while.

"Micah?" She didn't answer again and I was getting angry. Had she left the house with our kids unattended? I threw that thought out quickly. No matter how distressed Micah was, she always put the kids first and she would not leave them alone. Maybe she was asleep in a guest bedroom?

I searched those and began to get angry again. It was starting to look like Micah was not in this house, even though her car was. I started to make my way back downstairs and now I was yelling. "Micah!"

 Was she with someone else already? I shook that thought out, I trusted that she wouldn't do that to me or the kids. She loved the just as much as I did. And I'm sure she still loved me, even if just a little bit.