The Betrayal

Without further delay: tada! I hope everything has lived up to your expectations?

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

The Betrayal.

Dmitri came all too soon and we decided it was time to get some rest. Tomorrow will surely be a busy day and no one could find out about us.

So I returned David's hoodie and went to my room which had been shifted to the top floor somehow. The room reserved for the King, and in my case, the Queen.

In minutes I crashed into bed and fell asleep. It was the most peaceful sleep I had in two years.

It didn't matter who was alive, who was dead, who was responsible for the crap in my life or who was going to die.

Only David mattered.

The next morning everything was happening so fast. It was really amazing to be a royal.

With my deteriorating health, body aches, I got massages and didn't particularly have to do anything, and the maids did everything for me without me even saying anything, although I did find it awkward and embarrassing when they were dressing me.

They put a gorgeous royal blue gown that fell to the floor brilliantly with sequence on the bodice, the best silk I had ever worn, with a sweetheart shaped neck with no sleeves. *Picture of the dress on the fb page*

"Do I really need to dress up so fancy?" I asked one of the maids who had always been with me.

She nodded with a smile "you are a Queen now."

They put a cape on me as well. I rolled my eyes. "I don't think this is necessary."

"It is, especially on your first day, you can take it off once you have made your entrance. I will come get it if you like." I nodded.

After I was dressed they did my hair. They were going to put a bun on my head but I stopped them. "Don't close them, just curl them a little and let them fall behind."

They followed my order and I looked stunning with the makeup they did. They put on a very nice shade of pink while giving my eyes the smoky effect but not too overly smoky. My cheekbones and collarbones were very prominent but made me look exquisite.

I wore big sapphire earrings edged with diamonds and finally a crown adorned with diamonds was placed on my head.

When I was ready, it was very difficult to walk as the edges of the dress were on the floor flowing behind me as I walked but I managed somehow.

By the time I got down to the breakfast table it seemed half the world was there but my eyes only searched for one person who's voice I heard in my mind 'you look beautiful'. I smiled.

Everyone stood up in my honor. It seemed that the immediate families, the council and some selective few royals were there. I was conscious of the fact that all eyes were on me but it didn't matter, because I looked beautiful according to David.

With all the information in my head from last night, I hadn't had time to process any of it. How I was going to manage my throne, my personal life and my secret life with David was beyond me.

My grandfather, the one who kidnapped me and would rather have me dead than be with the son of a traitor, waked towards me to greet me.

"We want to keep your succession to the throne a secret. I hope you would understand the threats but they may be a bit beyond your level of maturity."

"We?" I questioned. "If you wanted my succession to be a secret I don't think yesterday's venue or event was the right place to do it, where half the world was present for a royal wedding."