The transition

I know I know, long time! Sorry guys!

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

What does he mean I'm in transition?

I don't want to be a vampire!!

I can't be dead before I've even lived. I took a deep breath to calm myself and asked "What do you mean?"

He said coming closer "The vampire gene in you human body is overpowering them, have you started to feel it? How you feel weak? As if someone is sucking your energy out of you? Can you keep down food or have you stopped eating too? What about blood? Have you started coughing blood out as well? What about hearing? Must have improved with sharper vision and maybe some healing too?" he touched my arm but I pulled away except he only tightened his grip. "Cold. She feels like a corpse would."

He chuckled as I felt the blood drain from my face.

"Is this true Elizabeth?" asked my father concerned and worried.

I nodded.

"How much of it is true?" asked Robert equally concerned.

"What's the big deal? Can't you just transform me like you all were transformed? And how exactly is it done?"

"Of course I can transform you, you don't have much time anyway."

"You can't father." Said my father in a matter of fact tone "She's bound to David, don't you know that?"

It was now my grandfather and Robert who showed surprise. "No!" they said angrily as if they didn't want to accept this fact.

"It's not your choice." My father replied. "Do you feel better knowing you did this to soul mates? You both destroyed one of the rarest kinds of love our species has."

"Then there is only one solution." Said my grandfather, no wonder people liked him, he was quick on his feet.

"This isn't a problem to be solved father. David can-"

"NO!" he replied with such force but my father did not give up.

"This is not a question or a request. This is my daughter's life-"

"She is NOT your daughter." He shouted back.

"How dare you-" my father tried to continue, although I could feel the heartbreak he felt.

"SILENCE!" I said before their arguments got heated and he hurt my father more than necessary. I was ready to hear and implement his solution if it meant he wouldn't say such hurtful things to him. My real father said nothing which showed that he never has and never will consider me his daughter the way my father did. Nor did he have any self-respect because he did not intervene.

"What is this solution of yours?"

"It's simple, you're just going to have to treat your vampire side with food. You're going to feed on blood to curb everything and live normally."

Blood. Drink blood. I wanted to throw up.

"And for how long?"

"As long as you want to live, you're already on a do or die stage."

"And if I want to be a vampire then what?"

"That traitor will be no part of it. No granddaughter of mine will be in that filthy family."

"It's not like I'm going to marry him but how practical is me feeding on blood?"

"No, you don't understand the bond afterwards like we do. There is no problem in feeding on blood, it tastes quite good."