The War.

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

The War.

I felt her before I saw her, her mind in a jumble, blaming herself for all the problems in our world which Liz always did. Blame herself, that it.

I saw her face, drained of blood, she looked like the reflection of a ghost. A beautiful ghost.

I knew I had to reassure her, "Listen to me." I said intently, "Everything is going to be okay."

I decided she wouldn't mind if I used my vampire speed to our advance and grabbed her, speeding towards the underground chambers. It was meant to protect the Royals in case of a war with only one way in and out. It was impenetrable. It had supplies and a command center. Everyone was already there waiting for us.

I wasn't surprised that no one came for me and Elizabeth because one thing everyone here knew was that I would rather die than let anyone harm her; the love of my life.

The first thing I did was bring up all the links that connected me to the rest of the kingdom, our army, our people, this is exactly why I had contingency plans and strategies. I could tell that no one in this room knew about all this because no one had expected a war, but I had this planned for quite a while just in case something like this happened.

Ambush is the worst way to attack because armies don't have time to assemble, to prepare for battle and chaos follows but not in my kingdom. This is exactly why I had installed and invested so much in this technology.

"I got a message from Daniel. It's them." I heard Elizabeth say. I wasn't surprised to hear that but I felt the sadness and bitter resentment she would feel. I wish I could shelter her from everything... but for now I have to protect her from this imminent danger.

"The hunters are working with the veneer werewolves" I said.

Veneer wolves were hunted down and disbanded during Elizabeth's Grandfather Benjamin's reign. He had deemed them a threat not only to vampires but also humans because of their deadly venom. So he had decided to eradicate them once and for all by pretending to be their ally. Little did anyone know they had spent all this time in hiding, waiting for the right moment to take revenge for Benjamin's Betrayal.

I did, once upon a time, look up to him as he was one of the best rulers ever, actually the only ruler before the Salvatore's, but now, I couldn't help but feel resentment towards the man I once idolized. He ruined my life, he took away my love and killed off half my family in his revenge scheme. He punished me, for the sins of my father. Although I could understand the grief he may have felt but what did I ever do wrong? How was it my fault?

I heard him say "but they were supposed to be dead. They're vicious that's why they had to be eliminated."

I was annoyed by him. There they were on the screens of the monitors yet he asked this ridiculous question. "No, they haven't been dead, I've been keeping an eye on them. The hunters and the werewolves were working together; it was just a matter of time that they would've attacked us for a power play and what would be a better time to do it than now- when the whole kingdom is divided between you and me."

"There is no divide." He replied arrogantly. It was as if he only saw what he wanted to see.

I chuckled "I wish you knew your people as well as I did."

I put on the Royal Armor, with the Royal crest, something that was passed down generations. I put the earpiece in my ear and started assembling our army without any time to waste.

During these couple of minutes I had assessed that the attack was coming from the west wing of the kingdom. Not only were there several hunters but werewolves were gaining on us. They had started assembling crossbows and machinery to bring down the doors that protected the kingdom.