New beginnings.

You guys know the drill! No copying! Hope you guys enjoy this. ;)
And might I add I've kept my word to update it on Sunday. ;)

DISCLAIMER: I OWN THIS STORY'S PLOT AND CHARACTERS.

New beginnings.

One year. One whole year.

One year since my birthday.

One year since that fateful day when I met the prince.

One year since I found out I was betrothed to the crown prince.

One year since I fell in love.

One year since all the things we went through; the drama, the sweet and the bitter memories combined together in a way that made them bittersweet.

One year since that horrible night that made me realize what I had, so I could keep away all my fears and embrace, that one thing that I wanted, needed the most in my life.

One year since I let go of everything and gave myself away to David in such a way that I had never given myself to another.

I doubted everything in my life since my parents faked their death. Everything except David.

It's been one year... since he left me heartbroken.

I felt a sense of Deja-vu as I sat in my room waiting for the clock to strike 12.

To signify that I was 19 years old.

As similar as it all may seem, it was nothing like last year or the year before that.

This time I had no friends waiting to surprise me.

This time I had no letters that I anxiously waited for.

This time I had no reason to live for.

How can my life change so drastically? Even though I protected myself from every possible heartbreak that I could have had. How could I not see this one?

For a minute I found myself wishing that everything was the way it was a year back. Even if it meant that I never met David. Even if it meant that my parents would still be dead.

At least I wouldn't have felt this magnitude of pain; as if someone had ripped me in two. At least my life would be what I called normal. At least I was satisfied with it.

Now nothing seems to matter anymore.

I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't dream, I can't do anything.

I feel so lost.

What to do? Where to go? How to ease this pain that should've stopped months ago?

Why does the world seem so different now?

Why does the sun rise from the same place, set at the same place, the same time every day, yet lost its glow?

How could the colors of the lovely leaves during autumn disappear?

How could the rain feel so cold when it was once so comforting?

How could the blue clear sky loose its meaning?

How could winters feel so cold and menacing?

How could the flowers lose their smell?

How can I forget and ease my sorrow?

I knew the answers were easy.

It was just a matter of perception. But was it sadistic of me to think that this pain felt so good?