Goodbye...

This chapter is dedicated to MyEden who told me about an awesome song that fits Elizabeth's story perfectly!! :D it's called goodbye my love by Ailee! Check it out after you read this chapter, let me know what you think? It fits perfectly there.

Also when you are reading the 'memory' check out the song I posted Hero by Nickleback ->

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

Goodbye...

I didn't care about what was going on until I saw Lindsay run towards me screaming "He's awake! He's awake!"

Instantly I knew who she meant. David was finally awake. He had lost too much blood and although Lindsay had saved his life by pulling the bullet out with her magic no one could explain why he had gone into a coma. Mike said it was due to his body trying to recover but it was very rare for Vampires who had special healing powers. Especially as the Crown Prince, David's healing was better than most which surprised us even more as to why he wasn't waking up. Mike said it was something so rare that he hadn't even read about it in books. In his defense there's not much he could know in all these years about the Royal family. After all, the only other Royal family before the Salvatore's was mine. I doubt my family or as a matter of fact David's would not have gone through nearly enough to have scientific cures to rare diseases for Royals. Nor would anyone want to be a guinea pig.

By the second week everyone had almost given up except us, his immediate family. How could we give up?

I don't know about the others but I used to visit him every day with the newspaper and daily updates. There was so much happening around us anyway.

Ever since the incident I felt everyone would look at me with accusing eyes. In my heart I knew they were accusing me of forcing David to pull the trigger on himself. But they did not yet know that he did it for someone who was going to die eventually.

I rushed towards his room when I found out through Lindsay that he had been asking about me after waking up but since I was in the operations room no one could come get me.

My palms were very sweaty as I made my way to my destination.

Mike stopped me midway. "Not now Mike." I pushed him away but he stepped in front of me, blocking my way again. Annoyed I said "What?"

"You are needed in the operating room, they got the information they wanted from Charlie about Daniel. He is cooperating fully."

"I don't care. David's up and he's asking for me. He can take it from here."

"He needs time to recover. You will reign till he is able."

No. He needs to see me. He needs to see that the girl he almost died for is alive and well. But I couldn't say that.

The distress was evident from my face so Mike let a sigh out and put his hand on my shoulder "I have to go check up on David anyway I will text you his update, and I wouldn't have gotten you if it wasn't urgent. You have to go."

I nodded. I wanted to cry. Nobody said it was easy to rule a kingdom.

Putting my duty ahead of me, something I appreciate more in David now, I put one step after the other, ahead of me, back towards the direction I had just come from.

The sooner I get done with this hunter business the better.

"I'm here. Update me on why I was needed so urgently." I said to the people around the conference room.

"We asked Charlie for intelligence he had gathered over the last day or so and more specifically about your friend Daniel." He said friend with such distaste it made me want to cringe but it was a sign of weakness so I stood my ground, calm and cold, just as I had imagined David would do.