And so it begins

Okay I'm getting a lot of hate for the previous chapter. Chill out everyone. :P Now I know what protest feels like haha! SO MUCH PRESSURE! 

I know you guys want me to tell you who everyone will end up with. Personally I would love to post it here what the end of this book looks like but I can't due to the fact that a lot of you are enjoying it and I can't ruin that. So all I will say is that have faith in me. It's worth it, plus after this chapter some of the confusion would go away. I know how much you all are invested in this book. Also, there is a HUGE twist right around the corner. I only posted this chapter early because I needed all of you to read this because not everyone is on my facebook page that's why this chapter is shorter too.

Anyone who wants to know about who ends up with who message me in the inbox and I will let you know if you cannot wait. There is a VERY big reason they are not together and it will be revealed in time.

And also, please be nice and reframe from bad language? :)

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

And so it begins.

The rest of the days went by as a blur.

I found out things like how someone had been ruining Keisha's wedding dress by spilling blood on it. I felt sorry for her on that account.

I figured out how to restore the peace in the council by letting them speak their mind candidly and solving their issues one by one. Each issue, regardless of how stupid, would be considered important. Turns out David wouldn't have to fix a thing.

I held down the fort till he got better and he enjoyed watching me struggle with the tasks at hand.

We had grown into this new bond of understanding and friendship. We laughed and bickered coming to terms with our weird situation. He asked Lindsay's mother to use her magic and mix it with his blood to heal my scars.

Finally there seemed to be some semblance of a routine around us.

David had been furious with Charlie but I had asked him to respect my decision of imprisoning him and I talked some sense into him that just like I could not overrule the decisions he made he could not do the same because then there will not be a harmonious rule in people's eyes if we do that.

Lindsay's wedding was a week away and David was well enough to continue our dance lessons which turned out to be a lot of fun. I often thought that he had just been enjoying his time off since he was healed but wouldn't resume his reign. I stayed his interim 'crown prince' lol and he enjoyed some time being on a sort of vacation. Something that he probably never had the chance to do before.

I struggled with my schedule but eventually made time for family time along with my duties. I had finally gotten a hang of it.

David had a talk with Keisha because I heard lots of screaming and crying but since the voices were muffled I don't know what it was about or what happened. All I know is that Keisha no longer acted like a bitch with me. She apologized and thanked me for saving her at great personal expense.

I still had my moments of weakness where I couldn't stomach any food, got dizzy spells or woke up screaming. Occasionally, I hate to admit it, but I would get scared in the dark and scream because I was scared something like what happened in the forest would happen to me again. But I tried to be brave and strong.

David and I had a discussion on Sly too. It was indeed a sad development.

With the wedding so close all the preparations were in full swing.

I wanted to go back and continue college but with everything going on, being the interim ruler and my health issues I decided maybe it wasn't the best move after all. I was going to die soon anyway no?

Which brought me to think about more serious matters.

I had asked the council to arrange an off the books kind of meeting for me with Daniel. If anyone could reach him at a personal level and plead with him to let this vendetta go it would be me. He had to put an end to this for the safety of the kingdom. For our people to be safe and if it was the last thing I did, make their world a little more safer, it's what I would do.

This wasn't my primary mission, with Mike I had started up a secret investigation about my parents. My real parents.

I would never be at peace if I couldn't figure this out before dying.

Someone had murdered my family.

I was tempted to tell David about this mission of mine but what was I going to say? Hey rumour has it your favourite grandfather was involved? I doubt that would go well. Why would I even put him in a position where he has to pick a side to be loyal to?

I trusted Mike for two reasons.

Firstly, he had knowledge that could prove to be beneficial being directly related to the royal family and being around longer than me.

Secondly, he had made a blood promise to me when he became my advisor so anything between us would be strictly confidential.

We had started asking around, discretely of course. I didn't want whoever had done this terrible deed would find out that I had been sniffing around.

Whoever it was, went through great trouble to erase their trail because they had burned down the library to eradicate history from its very roots, and burned down my house with my family inside, one thing was certain. They surely had a penchant for fire. The best thing I suppose about fire was that it eradicates everything it touches without a trail.

That's why it seemed difficult for me to start my search. I didn't know where to begin.

Fire took my mind to Mike and his super power. He was a fire wielder. I dispelled that thought as soon as it crossed my mind because Mike didn't seem like the sort who would do such a task. I also knew if I started doubting him then I would make no progress. At least this way he could point me in the right direction if it was indeed him, I joked to myself.

I suppose I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Right now I was nowhere close.

Before I could ponder on more as to who the culprit could be, I got a text which came from an unknown number.

It read; 'Russell's Bar- 9:00 pm. Alone.'

It was only a matter on how I was going to ditch Dimitri, David's loyal bodyguard, who was with him for as long as I remember.

But I was sure I will be able to ditch him.

I knew the text was from Daniel. It was only a matter of time.

And so it begins.

-Z

So does this look like she's ready or free enough or going to live long enough to enter into another relationship?

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile! It will keep you updated on the status of this book among other things like spoilers haha.

:"A7?