Teaser

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

Teaser.

When I woke up next, I was all alone in my room.

I recalled when such episodes happened with me I used to be surrounded by family and friends.

I tried getting up when a peculiar voice from the shadows said "Stay down."

The initial fear I had, thinking the shadow had returned crumbled when I recognized who the voice belonged to.

From the shadows emerged a recognizable face. His eerie stillness had made me assume I was alone.

"I'm fine David, you don't need to babysit me." Although internally I couldn't help being happy.

"Who was he?" he asked in a voice so smooth than it blended in with the silence. A shiver ran down my spine. Warning signals blinked in my brain.

"Who was he?" I repeated the question trying to comprehend it.

My eyes went down to his hands which held a glass half full of bourbon.

Curiously I asked in a teasing voice "Has anyone mentioned that you've started drinking a lot more than you used to?"

He smashed the glass against the wall directly behind me and in a second his hands were on my throat pushing me against the wall. Oddly this position felt a lot more comfortable than it should.

I had not seen this side of David in quite some time.. This was the side that drove him to madness.. This was his dangerous side.

"Who are you talking about?" I whispered after I gathered my courage. His black eyes bore into my soul, his face marred with anger yet his eerie stillness scaring me.

"Who did you see?" he said and I blinked a couple of times urging my brain to think faster.

I could feel his hands tightening around my neck unintentionally, he really was an impatient man.

"David.." I whispered my hands reaching his on my neck. "Calm down." And it felt as if someone had just thrown cold water on him as he loosened his grip, his black eyes showing a tinge of gold in them as he took a step back.

I grabbed his hand and led him to the bed saying softly. "Let's talk."

He nodded and let me lead him.

"I don't understand what you're asking.." I started slowly.

His fist clenched and I knew something was bugging him. "Do you remember what happened to you ?"

"I fainted?" he nodded.

"Do you remember anything before that?"

The shadow... I had thought of not telling David about it since it did no good to me by telling anyone anything last time. "No."

"See!" he said getting up from the bed facing me and pointing a finger at me. "You lie! All the time! Keisha told me you saw someone and flipped out before you fainted."

I got up and said in the same tone with my finger pointing towards him. "And you drink! All the time! Have you noticed that?" damn Keisha. I tried to push him to change the direction of this conversation.

"It keeps me calm! It keeps me sane! Is that so wrong?!" he said taking a threatening step forward. I gave an internal high five as my plan worked, I knew him so well. It wasn't just the plan, I was concerned about him drinking so much.

"Is this you calm and sane?!" I said back with the same vigor.

"I don't need advice from a liar" he said just an inch away from me.

"And I don't need to be yelled at from an alcoholic who doesn't understand his potential! You're throwing away everything for nothing! Don't you understand that-"

And before I knew it he grabbed my hair pulled my head back and his lips crashed with mine.

Love Z

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile!

Consider this teaser a gift from me to you. Since my phone died [which those who are on my fb page know about] the chapter I had written went with it sadly. THIS is NOT what I had planned initially but meh. Something is better than nothing. Three weeks, still no phone, damn you iphone 6! Love and cookies needed :(