The Aftermath

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

The Aftermath.

Whatever Mike had injected in me, was starting to wear off but I didn't move much as I didn't want to alert him again for fear of him repeating this and injecting me again.

My brain was too fuzzy from the medication but I still tried to see through David's eyes; the horrors of war, I tried to feel what he was feeling but the things I couldn't see, I saw through the monitor.

Mike and everyone else in the room had started to pace and I knew things weren't looking good for us.

We had lost visual of David for a while but when we spotted him next he looked paler than usual.

"Is he supposed to look like that?" asked James, speaking for the first time, his voice laced with concern.

Mike spoke into the microphone "David are you okay? You don't look well, do you need to come back?"

We all could hear his answer because he was shouting over the noise of the war happening and he was on one of the monitors on loud speaker.

Through groans he said, "I'm okay.. We're surrounded.. I'm bitten but I'm okay."

I heard myself speaking, "Tell him to come back and that's an order."

Mike replied without telling David "he can't come back, he knew the risk when he initiated falcon."

"What do you mean? Can't we extract him?" I said in a very calm voice wiping tears from my face and I could tell that made everyone around me uneasy.

"I mean that the castle is on lockdown, if David tried to come back, we may have a breach and others might slip in with him."

"How long does he have before the venom kills him?" I asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"Maybe an hour.."

I looked at my dad and brought him forward by his hand, we both looked at each other and he instantly knew what I was about to do. He hugged me. "It won't be strong enough to make much of a difference."

"But it will give him more time.." I said through the tears forming in my eyes.

He took the microphone from Mike and started talking. He was getting us married.

"What.. What are you doing?" I heard David say. His voice sounding hoarse and tired.

"Getting you married to my daughter David." replied my dad.

"It'll make you stronger, you'll be protected and you'll have more time!" I said.

"No." he replied.

"No? What do you mean no?" I said, angry and confused.

"Not like this."

"Are you serious?" I said feeling exhausted and angry.

"Not like this." He repeated.

"What does that even mean?!" I shouted back at him. "Not like what?!"

"Not in the middle of a war! Not when I'm not even sure I'll make it out of this alive!" he shouted back. "You should get your big dream wedding! With someone who will spend eternity with you not with someone who will leave you by the end of the night!"

I felt tears run down my cheeks. "Don't you dare say that! I don't want anything! I just want you! You can't- you won't die on me! You hear me? Come back, I'm opening the gate whether you like it or not! I'm sending Dmitri to get you."