Time

Hello my lovelies, I know it's been long. I'm trying to finish what I've started.. just haven't been able to find time. Thank you for all the messages and reviews I've received that have inspired me to continue.

Shout out to all the Chicago people! What a beautiful city we live in!

Hope you all enjoy.

Ps- it's been so long I feel like I've forgotten how I did everything! Excuse any mistakes! :)

Disclaimer: I own all the characters and the storyline, it's 100% mine and original.

Time

I don't know how much time passed but eventually we lay in each other's arms relishing how we could touch without causing pain.

It seemed fitting that I could feel David's emotions now which I couldn't feel before my transition because I couldn't handle them and now they seemed to be the only thing allowing me to remain calm and in control. The only thing that kept me grounded. The comical matter was that my fate might very well rest in the hands of a man who wasn't exactly known for emotional stability.

He had told me not to confide in anyone about this because no one should know anything that could make me vulnerable. But he has always been and always will be my anchor; my weakness.

We also discussed that my powers must have been to protect myself. We recalled all the times I had been stuck in situations that had taken me my surprise. Where vampires grabbed me in the streets and my reaction to them, when I witnessed innocent women dying in the club's bathroom and all the other incidents I had been through, especially when I was kidnapped in a revenge plot against David. My powers didn't allow anyone to ever touch me again without my consent. But we still had to figure out how I had stopped the war.

What kind of power was that? It seemed I could inflict pain on a vast number of people at the same time and the distance didn't matter. But I was yet to understand and comprehend how I was able to do it.
Both these powers were so rare that we didn't know anyone who possessed these abilities who would be able to help me harness control over my own superpower along with the harrowing thought; what exactly was I capable of?

Until we know, that question will torment me, but at least I have an eternity to find out. Despite this, it really made me one of the strongest Vampires in history to ever walk this earth. And if I really thought about it, it also made me the most unstable ruler there ever could be.

However, we both were concerned about the emotional dimension of things. Does David have to monitor my behavior 24/7? Does he always have to be around then?

It felt like my brain was working faster than ever and before I knew it I got distracted by the patterns David was drawing on my back.

I pushed myself up to give him a kiss only to be interrupted by a knock.

David hissed in pain.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said realizing that since we both got annoyed by the knock David's calmness was replaced with anger and annoyance which had a direct effect on me.

I chuckled. "My fate is in the hands of a person who is possibly more unstable in controlling his own emotions than anyone I know." I said remembering all the times he had lost control or the times his mood has fluctuated leaving me utterly confused but it made me fall madly in love with him.