Division

Before I even post this chapter I know how you all will respond. And *Phew long chapter* :P

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

Division.

It felt like I had died and gone to heaven. Is this what kissing felt like? Gosh it felt so good. How had I managed to survive without it for this past year or two?

It was such an intense feeling I just couldn't explain it even if I wanted.

His arms around me, his body pressed against me, his lips moving in sync with mine. This felt perfect, this was home.

All too soon it ended. It may have lasted a second but it ignited a fire within me.

It was as if someone had opened a flood of memories. I could clearly remember our first electrifying touch, our first kiss, our first time...

"Don't read too much into it, that's the only way I knew how to get you to shut up." He winked.

It was as if someone had thrown cold water on me. It felt like someone had ripped a hole in my chest and pulled out my heart.

The first intense emotion I felt was hurt. Then I felt angry! Was I just another play thing to him? I was SO angry all I wanted to do was tell him to get out from his own house which technically was MY house and if I wanted I could wreak havoc on him and his family.

"So" he continued as if the kiss meant nothing and my mind went into the darkest deepest abyss that I didn't even know existed within me; revenge. But could I do that to the love of my life? That was the question. Did I have what it took?

"Now that you're calm do you want to talk about my drinking problem?"

"No" I said with a voice I barely recognized.

"Suit yourself. By the way, you woke up just in time, you're formal dinner is taking place in another 30 minutes; I got you that dress you fainted on. It's in the bathroom." With that he walked out of the room as if he had not just ripped my heart out and stomped on it all over again.

"David?" I called at his retreating back.

He turned around "hmm?"

"Don't you ever touch me again." There was so much hatred and contempt in my voice it surprised the both of us.

He seemed a bit baffled but nodded.

That darkness within me told me to dismiss him that would insult him further but I stopped myself as he left the room. I was surprised at the violent thoughts I was having. This was not like me; I am a loving caring person not this vengeful one.

I went to the bathroom in the hopes of fixing myself before my welcome ball. I could not believe what had just transpired between David and me. I felt so bad about this situation. The worst feeling ever would be this one sided love I had for David.

By the time I got to the gathering in my honor I felt tired and worn out but I could recognize the faces.

"That was a very bold move." Said one of the council members.

"That was in our favor." The other one said only to be rebutted by another "No that was vindictive and a self-favoring move and as council member we have to do what is in the best interest of the crown."

"And how was that not in the best interest of the crown? It would show her support to this ruling-"

"She still has a clai-"