The Meeting

Okay I have a question; why is everyone asking about David and Keisha's mom? Best friends or what? Did I post something wrong in the previous chapter?

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

The meeting.

As I walked towards the bar I recalled the events from earlier. It took me great planning to execute my plan of sneaking out of the castle. I created diversions with the help of Lindsay. I trusted her and I knew she would support my decision because we both knew if anyone could reach out to them, it would be me.

The only problem or question was; was I walking into a trap?

Was Daniel capable of an act like that?

But I knew, in my heart, he wouldn't do that. I remember when he had saved me in the forest by stopping the hunter from killing me. It meant he still cared enough to not let me die.

My heart was racing. Had it really been years since I last saw or spoke to him? The man who was my constant for so many years had now changed into something I refused to acknowledge.

Was it really me who brought out the worst in people? I recalled what David had become in the last few months of our relationship and now Daniel.

Maybe it was a good thing I was dying.

I entered the bar, alone and with no backup plan.

I could spot him the minute I laid my eyes on the people around.

He sat at the bar waiting patiently, his eyes were dark and he wore a long coat that covered whatever was hidden underneath.

I almost forgot how handsome he was but now he had a dark aura around him.

Then I noticed the differences from the soft boy I knew to the man in front of me. His features had become more prominent and his face had a hard look about it. His eyes seemed haunted yet menacing and dark.

He stood up as I reached him not expecting the hug I received.

"You look like shit." He said.

"I feel like shit." I replied with a smile.

His smile on the other hand had a tinge of sadness in it.

"How have you been?" I asked him to break the icy awkward silence that had filled up between us. Something that felt so weird as we always had so much to talk about.

"I've been fine." He shrugged. He didn't ask how I was doing though and maybe he didn't care. Why was I expecting a little reunion of some sort?

After a few more moments of silence he said in an impersonal manner "I know you wanted me here for some reason. Let's get down to business shall we?"

Suddenly I realized we weren't alone. The bar was oddly quiet and I looked around to find all eyes on me, all men wearing the same kind of outfit that Daniel was with the red patch on their arm. It clicked in my head like a puzzle put together; I was in a bar full of hunters.

"You brought people with you."

He nodded. "I asked you to come alone, not that I would be alone."

"I-"

He cut me off "I know why you're here. You want to cut a deal with me and you think because I loved you, I would listen to you and agree to your shitty terms. Well here is a newsflash for you: that's not going to happen."

"I just wanted to talk to you.." I said feeling stupid and looking down at his shoes.

"What did you want to talk to me about?"

"I just wanted to know why... why you would wage war against my people."

It seemed he got angry at this, more angry than I had ever seen him before.

"Your people?" he scoffed. "You're a human. They are not your people. WE are your people. You are one of us. You want to know why? Huh? Because it wasn't enough for them to take my parents they also took you from me. You want to know why? Because I still remember the day when a vampire compelled me to watch as he killed my parents in front of me. Because I still remember what you said to me. And because of that I will not rest till every single one of them is dead. How can you say they are your people? You don't remember what they did to you? You don't remember that they tossed you aside? Left you to die? That your parents were alive and they never told you?" By now he was off his seat and hovering above me. His words felt like knives and I felt tears prick my eyes. I knew his parents had died but I never knew about this. I was told they died in an accident and I didn't mean to hurt Daniel to such an extent. I wanted to apologize to him but this was not a time to show any weakness.

"You have waged war against MY people Daniel, you have waged war against me. I guess 'your' people never told you did they? I am the last living Mason Heir, decedent of the direct line of the original vampire who was my grandfather, the royal heir which is the actual holder of the throne if anything happens to David and the only remaining challenge to the throne. I never meant to hurt you but revenge is not the right way to mourn the loss of your parents." With each word I rose from my seat to stand my ground. "If you want my help, I will give it to you but only if you choose the right path. You do not need to be a part of what is to come next. If history has taught us anything it is that hunters do not win against vampires. And I would hate to see you on the other side." He was surprised to hear about my heritage.

I walked away after saying that but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "No Elizabeth. It is I who is extending a hand of help to you. To give you a way out of this mess you have gotten yourself into. Everyone lies to get what they want, so what if they lied about your heritage. Does it really make a difference?"

"It's all about perception Daniel."

I kept walking away till I heard him say "I will leave them but only on one condition."

I turned back out of curiosity.

"What would that one condition be?"

"You. I will only walk away from all this if you will walk away with me."

"I'm too deep in, there is no getting out for me."

"That's my problem as well, but if you agree to this, we both can be done once and for all."

"There is something you need to know, which no one does, but I cannot tell you here in front of these people and make it part of this joke of a negotiation. I trusted you, as a friend who has known you for years, but this is what I got. When you're serious then get in touch with me." I said and walked away.

Again he rushed to me and said "I'm serious. If you walk away with me right now I will leave with you."

My impulse was stronger than ever to jump to his aid, looking at his pleading eyes, but sadly I had to put myself first. "I can only tell you what I want to tell you if you meet me alone."

"Okay. I will reach out to you soon."

I nodded and left.

So that seemed like an epic fail. Was I really going to tell him I was going to die?

When I got home, I wasn't in a lot of trouble, so it seems the distraction worked.

I thanked Lindsay for her help and told her what had happened. She asked me what I was going to say to him when I met him next and that I couldn't possibly even think of leaving. I told her I would have to come up with something good and refused to talk any further on the matter.

After all, if she was to remain my ally she must not know I am dying otherwise she will rush the news to David and then yet again we would have another problem.

-Z

I know its super short but it's all I've written, next chapter will be better, just need to brain storm and get some ideas, got any? :(

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile! It will keep you updated on the status of this book among other things like spoilers. ;)

3M/31W�M���1x