Chapter 20

The rain and wind got up as a thunderstorm moved in. Neiko caught her breath, and Quickstrike asked, "He's the Dark Pharaoh? I mean, how do you know? What else do you know about him?"

"Well, I know that because that's what I imagined him to be. All I know is that he's immortal, and he's more powerful than an ordinary Pharaoh. I made this up only a few weeks ago, and I hadn't said anything to my cousin about it yet."

"Does he know that you know?"

"I'm not sure—I hope not, but I could be wrong. He may not be the Dark Pharaoh."

"Well, nobody knows that the Dark Pharaoh really exists, and most say he is just a legend. Some don't believe at all. Some say that in ancient times they saw him. They only documented his appearance as a shadowy form with red, glowing eyes. He was mostly spotted at night; no one knows his identity. There were many people who wanted to find out what he looked like and who he was, but they found nothing. If he saw anybody, he would kill them, and the deaths were mysterious. So after that, anyone who went on this 'wild goose chase' was laughed at. The person who knows the most about him is Genghis Khan. He doesn't know the identity either, but he has the most understanding. I've always wanted to ask him, but I was always told not to mention it."

"Hmm, red, glowing eyes kind of gives it away, doesn't it? I mean, that's the kind of eyes Ramses has, right?"

"You know what else? No one has ever seen the face of Ramses. Not Lydia, Osiris, Menes, or anybody. What's more is that he eats alone, and if he sits with them, he just sits there."

"You know, that really makes it obvious. I mean, Osiris would know what his own son looked like, if he was really his son. I mean, people aren't born with armor on. He really must be on a roll if he won't even show Lydia, and he loves her; not eating at family meals and only eating by himself just really puts the icing on the cake."

Quickstrike rubbed his head with his claw. "Hmm, this all makes sense now; the clues are everywhere. The reason why no one has thought anything about it is because no one thinks about the Dark Pharaoh at all. And you know what else? Lydia asked him what he knew about the Dark Pharaoh, and he got so mad he slapped her face, and told her to shut up."

"That really proves it! He's really touchy about that subject to get that mad, especially at Lydia of all people. Why was she with him? Was she having dinner at Skull Fort or something?"

"Well, she was probably forced to have dinner with him, so she tried to find something to talk about. None of us has ever been to Skull Fort, including Lydia, because we were always able to find her in time, and we don't know where the fort is," Quickstrike replied.

"Well, you've been there tons of times according to me, but I was wrong about that."

"Yeah, I believe you're right, and I'm wondering why he came here in normal size and why I'm small. I guess it has to do with his power."

"Yeah, I guess so," Neiko said and sighed.

"When you were playing with us, did you have Qari, Tiawuk, and all?"

"Yeah, sure did, and you're in Saudi right now. My dresser is the Pinnacle, and you can probably go from there. Khali was this little fort, tree house, and these two barns, the floor was Pitfall Plain, and we're on the Great Plateau right now," Neiko replied as she pointed to everything and constructed it the way it was in her imaginary Saudi. "Qari is my yard and where you were this afternoon, and Tiawuk is at my grandparent's house, Occorom is in my cousin's house, and Iduas is my cousin's yard including the woods."

"Wow! Where's the Tatowee Road, Tiawuk Trail, and the Highlands? I was in your Qari, and I saw this tower of blocks, and under this tree was a temple of rocks with these weird sticklike house things."