Chapter 57

After the Attack Pack had left, Menes, Tut, and Re looked at the wreckage, and when they finished, they walked outside to the spot where Ramses fell to look at their handiwork. "Great way to begin your reign as First Pharaoh, huh?" asked Tut.

"Ramses is to blame for this. This is what is left of his reign—wreckage. Our great grandfather and forefathers would be very disappointed in him, and I'm glad I got rid of him. And you know what? He lost because of a girl. A girl! The mighty Ramses lost to an Indian chick! If he wasn't so busy gawking at her, and letting little ol' moi have her, then he'd be alive today, and this wouldn't have happened. If only the record books could say what a laughingstock Ramses really is!"

"Yeah, he goes around dressed in his chrome armor because he's so scared the sun will make him uglier than he already is!" Tut taunted.

Re scratched his head. "What does he look like anyway? You know, we have never seen him."

"It matters no more because he is piranha meat!" Menes said smiling proudly.

"Are you sure? I mean his armor is so hard," Re whined.

"Oh, Re, if the piranhas didn't eat him, then he drowned because that is 20 feet deep! He can't swim in all that armor, and I bet the little fishes are nibbling on his eyeballs right now!" Menes flaunted as he picked up a piece of Ramses's cape with the butt of his axe and watched it drip with water. He tied it onto his arm. "I'll wear this to remind everyone that Ramses the Sap is dead!"

The three hung out by the moat and poked fun at the memory of Ramses. The sun began to set, but an unusual silence blanketed the Dark Forest; not even a mouse moved, and Re began to get jumpy. "Guys, I wanna go in now. I'm scared," he whimpered.

"Re, stop. You are always negative. Besides, there's nothing out here!" Menes said, stretching his arms.

"Yeah, that's what scares me. I think Ramses knows we did it, and his ghost is haunting us! There isn't even a breeze!" he squealed.

"Re, there are no such things as ghosts. There are mortals, immortals, and spirits, but spirits stay out of mortal business except The Almighty and the good spirits. Dead mortals don't go around haunting people. You imagine too much," Tut said waving his hand at him.

Re gulped and trembled, but something was terribly wrong, and he knew it. While no one was looking at the moat, two red eyes appeared in the water, and it began to stir. Re turned, looked, and saw the two large flaming eyes, and he started to shake in fright. "I-I-I s-s-aw—" he couldn't finish, and he pointed a shaking finger at the moat.

"What?" Menes said and looked in there, but the eyes weren't there.

"It's your imagination, Re, there's nothing there!"

"R-right. O-k-kay. M-m-enes," he stammered.

Tut scratched the back of his neck. "What's with the moat?" he said when the piranhas started to pop out of the water, dead. Tut picked one up. "Dead as a door nail. I guess Ramses was bad for the fish," Tut shrugged. Re grabbed him shaking, and the water started boiling, changing colors, and churning. The three looked at it, and Re was so terrified he couldn't move. Suddenly Ramses rose out of the water and floated in midair. The three turned pale, grabbed each other, and shook. Ramses was dripping with water; weeds hung from him along with his tattered cape.

"G-g-g-ghost!" they screamed and tried to run, but they were too frightened to move. He stretched his hand, and his sword came to him and he caught it by the handle. The three of them backed up as they saw the cold, hard eyes. His armor gleamed in the moonlight, but suddenly the silver turned to black as he approached them. They trembled, and Menes turned from orange to white.