Chapter 46

When they reached the gate, they were let in immediately, but Velosos would not come in. He looked in the city with terror.

"Must return home I must."

"Wait! Can you at least come and have dinner because I want to repay you for your kindness. Maybe the Attack Pack may even make you a member. Besides, I have something to say about that dark creature."

"Alright. Stay I will, and thankful I am," he said and shuddered at the mentioning of the thing. "Fear the black shadow I do. You know what is?"

"Yeah, it's the Dark Pharaoh."

"Terrified of Dark Pharaoh I am. Saw it before on Ravine I have. It only thing I fear, mortal it is not, and strong it is."

" Also I know who it is, and it's Ramses."

Velosos's eyes were filled with terror. "Hate Ramses I do, but fear him too, now Velosos tremble. Two nightmares in one. The ones I fear most I do. In trouble you are and protect you I will, fight for good I will. Be brave I will, and take you away he will not, and come with you I will. Home no safe no more, and nothing there is not," he said, walking in with them.

Neiko walked up to a man. "Excuse me, is the Attack Pack around?"

A kangaroo turned around. "Nope, they left several days ago, but they be comin' back. The only two here are Lydia and Air Hammer," he replied in a heavy Desert Bushman accent that sounded much like Australian.

"Well, can I talk with them?" asked Neiko.

"Sure thing, mate, name's Boomerang Joe Dundee, ma'am," he said as he tipped his hat to her. He wore a snakeskin vest, jeans, but no shoes. His hat was black and decorated with crocodile teeth. He carried a large knife on his hip with a snakeskin hilt.

"Neiko Kidd, put her there."

"Blow me down, it's the jolly old outlaw! You made it to the safest place in Qari, and you managed to get past old bucket head."

"Well, thanks, but I ain't outa the woods yet."

"Well, no worries, come and follow me," he said then he led them into a small house and knocked on the door.

"I'm comin'," said a male voice, the door opened and there stood Air Hammer. He had a hawk's plumage on his body and he walked like one. His head was that of a hammerhead shark; he had a tail of a shark and a dorsal fin of a shark on his back; his sharkskin was a blue color; the rest of his body was that of a hawk. His legs had on red bands from his knee to his ankles. "Quickie! Oh, I'm glad to see you! You've been on the news lately along with your friend here. So you're Neiko. Well I'm glad to meet you," he said as he shook her hand with his claw.

"I'm glad I found you guys. I need your help big time," she said then told him all about their adventures in Hawote and Qari, but leaving out everything they found out about Ramses.

Air Hammer whistled. "That's too many close ones for me, but at least you suckered him; I can tell he's just got started. Besides, we gotta get you home, just like you got Quickie here. I know one thing, Ramses won't stop, and he's just started in trying to screw up your life."

"I know, and I don't like the sound of it at all."

"Well, come on in, and who are these two gentlemen?"

"Oh, this is Velosos and Jaguas."

"The great Velosos? Oh, I always wanted to meet you, and I reckon Jaguas is from Tsarmina's place."

"That's right, but I will leave in the morning. Tsarmina commands," said Jaguas.

"Stay I will, and join Attack Pack," said Velosos.