Chapter 63

The next day, the news of Neiko's kidnapping hit the news even in the Atlanta area. Several Seven Tribe chieftains watched the 6:00 a.m. report at Sigma's house.

A woman anchor said, "At about 9:30 p.m., four crazed madmen went into Sparkles skating ring causing mass hysteria. Police were able to free a hostage taken in the situation, and she was able to escape. Police were able to eliminate pursuit for a short while. The result was five wounded cops who suffered gunshot wounds and are in serious condition. A man with eight broken ribs was released today in his heroic efforts. Witnesses say that these four men were dressed in triceratops, wolf man, and mole outfits. The leader was dressed in a pharaoh chrome armor costume."

"Other late breaking news is the murder of thirty-eight-year-old Sergeant Thomas Murphy who was found stabbed to death in the Wal- Mart parking lot in Lawrenceville. He was stabbed once in the stomach and five times in the chest. A Loganville resident was also found shot in the head in that same parking lot. Some Wal-Mart personnel said they saw a man dressed in chrome apparel walking in Wal-Mart," said the man anchor.

"Another one of today's top stories is that an eighteen-year-old Loganville resident named Amanda Hawk is missing. She disappeared late last night and was last seen at Sparkles. If you have any leads on her please call the police. Police say that the kidnapping can be linked to the man responsible for the murders and the rampage at Sparkles. We hope to find more so tune in at the 5:30 p.m. news..." said the woman.

Sigma turned off the TV. "This is not good. It seems that it is the same man that carried her off before, and he is extremely dangerous. They have a good description of the man, and Neiko gave a good one herself. Neiko's life can be in grave danger."

Nighthawk couldn't sit still. "Phoenix is missing too. Could she be—"

Phoenix ran in. "I'm back. Neiko has been taken by some wacko."

"We know. We saw the news report. Tell us what happened."

"These men came in dressed up like monsters, but the guy in chrome was the one I can remember most. The guy dressed up like a triceratops told Neiko to surrender or people will get hurt, and he called her by her Indian name. She tried to get to me, but that chrome guy grabbed her. She told me to get help. People were screaming and running. Police tried to stop him, but he started shooting people. I saw she got away, but he went after her. I found her car at Wal-Mart, but she wasn't there," Phoenix said as tears gushed out of her eyes.

"Did you get a good look at him?" asked Sigma.

"Yes. I can draw you a picture. He did look like a pharaoh, and I cannot forget those eyes. They were red and glowed like hot coals. Sigma, he looked like a demon pharaoh. Why is he after Neiko? This is the second time he's taken her from us," she said and buried her face in Nighthawk's shoulder and cried.

"What about that tracking device we put in her earring in case she was ever taken by Crackedskulls? Maybe we can find her and our chrome-plated friend," offered Xartna.

Sigma perked up. "Of course! We can find them that way. When we find her, we will make sure he never pulls this cheap trick again. We will destroy him," he said, slamming his fist into his hand. "He may know who we are, but he won't live to tell about it. Obviously he is not seeking ransom for him to abduct her the second time, and we heard nothing about payment the first time. He is not trying to kill her because she would be dead already, so I do not know what he could want from her. One thing is certain; he won't ever get it from her. Phoenix, will you draw me a picture. Thank Yahweh you are an artist and a good sketcher. Will you also color it so we may know what he really looks like?"

Phoenix nodded. "I want to come with y'all to help free Neiko, and I won't take no for an answer."

Xartna nodded. "Alright. The six of us will go to Falcon Base and pick up the tracker, and we will leave tonight. Bring your drawing with you, and we will meet at Falcon Base, everyone understand?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good, see y'all tonight."

* * *

Neiko was taken to an abandoned house in Loganville. The house was empty except for a few chairs and a small table. She was bound to a chair and her mouth was taped; her four keepers kept a close watch for trespassers. Menes, Re, and Tut were engaged in a card game while Ramses was sharpening his sword as he watched Neiko. She watched them all and her stomach started growling.

Menes laid down a hand that won the jackpot. "Ha! I win!"

"Aww, you cheated," Tut snapped as he threw his cards down.

"You are such a sore loser, Tutankhamen," Menes jeered.

"My name is Tut," he snarled in clenched teeth. "Call me that again, and I'll punch your lights out!"

"Quiet," Ramses snapped.

"This is a brother's dispute. No place for an eavesdropping Dark Pharaohs who know nothing of having real brothers."

"If you want to bicker, take it elsewhere," he said bluntly.

"Ramses, I am starving, when are you gonna get something to eat around here?" Menes asked irritably.

"Yeah. I want to go and explore this place some, and I hope we stay," Re moaned.

"All you do is gripe and complain. Go, I don't care. I plan for us to stay," Ramses snapped, waving his hand.

"I want to ride that thingy," Menes said.

"No."

"Fine, be that way. Be a stingy, stiff-necked old crone," Menes scowled, and Ramses shot him a hostile glare.

A few hours passed and they returned with two large bags full of food. "This place is great! I could get used to this place," Menes said then took a bite out of his Baby Ruth, and Neiko eyed it hungrily; Menes caught it. "Hungry? I brought plenty," he said approaching her with some food. He ripped off her gag, and fed the rest of it to her.

"I'm still hungry, got anymore? I'm thirsty," she said.

"I sure do," he said as he said giving her a Butterfinger and a Pepsi, and Ramses watched him closely with vengeance. "Stop looking at me like that, you ornery Egyptian relic! You are letting your little sweet cheeks starve to death over here. If this is the future you have planned for her, then I pity her. I wouldn't blame her if she ditched you for that Indian, oh, Whatshisname?"

"Monchiska?" she said then belched.

"Don't tempt me, you pompous, overgrown lizard. I was planning to take her out, but you ruined it by giving her junk food!"

"Well, at least I bothered to give her food, you lazy, good for nothing bum!" Menes retorted.

Ramses snarled, and he threw the sharpening stone and hit him in the nose. "I will let this slide, but the next time you won't be so lucky. I alone am responsible for her. Do you get that?"

"Yeah, I'll just watch her starve to a skeleton."

"Shut up! I don't want to hear another word, and if I do, I will cut out your tongue and give it to Re for lunch."

Re grimaced, and Menes punched a hole in the wall and stormed outside.