Chapter 16

Neiko got up the next morning feeling chipper. "Okay, I'll call Xartna, and see when there's a meeting. Good thing my mom is gone to the clinic for Melissa's shots." Neiko pulled out the phone and called Xartna.

"Hello, Neiko, how did the session go yesterday?" he asked.

"Okay, I guess. He wanted me to tell him everything from A to Z about Ramses, the Attack Pack and everything. He even asked who Raven was because my parents overheard me say something about him in anger, so he asked. My parents are trying to make me stop playing with the Pack."

"Oh no. What did you say about Raven? I hate to hear that about your made up adventures because they always sound so exciting."

"Oh, I just made up some crap like he was my imaginary friend, and I was mad because he forgot my graduation present. He bought it."

Xartna chuckled. "Well, that was a close one. Did the shrink tell you if you're crazy or not?"

"Well, he said for me to have a stress-free environment for a few months. He wants to have a session soon to check progress, and I'm perfectly fine. Gosh, I was so mad."

"Gracious, what a drag. I haven't said anything to the Tribes about it because there's a meeting tonight at eight, and I'll tell them at the meeting. Is there anything else you need me to know or anything you need at the moment?"

"No thanks, not right at the moment, but if anything interesting comes up at the meeting, please let me know."

"Sure thing, call me later—about ten, okay?"

"Sure, no problem—gotta go, my mom's home, bye!" Neiko hung up, put the phone under the bed, turned on Killer Instinct, and started playing. Her mom came in, checked to see what she was doing, and walked to the kitchen to fix her sister's lunch.

Neiko was playing Riptor on the hardest setting and just barely beat Jago. "Oh, great, here comes Cinder. Eat floor, Ramses Gas! Oh you like that? Aw, darn," she said at the game. Ramses Gas was an offensive smoke screen that Ramses used to elude the Attack Pack. The Attack Pack used it as well as "Monster Gas" as insults to annoy Ramses, and so Neiko also used them as an everyday expressions though no one understood what it meant.

"Amanda! That wasn't very nice!" scolded her mom.

"Well, you know I get into my games," she replied smiling.

"I know. I don't want to hear anything about Ramses or his gas, and remember what the doctor said you should think about Ramses as little as possible, and this is about the tenth time I've heard you say something about him in three days! Just try harder," she scolded and walked into the living room. Neiko looked at her clock and saw it was only three o'clock. Neiko played video games till supper, which was at six. Neiko took her time eating till seven, and at seven thirty she told her mom she was going walking, and went to Francesco's house.

Neiko arrived about seven fifty and cautiously approached his house. She peered in his bay window and saw he hadn't left yet. I wonder why he hadn't left yet; he'll be late, Neiko thought. Francesco started going toward the door, but the phone rang. He ran and picked up the phone.

"What now?" he grumbled. He picked it up. "Grand High Mohican here and what do you want?" he snapped with a scowl on his face. Neiko listened and watched. His face changed into fear. "Oh, Raven! I'm sorry. I thought you were an Indian. I need to hurry because there's a meeting—"

Before he could finish, he had to pull the phone from his ear because Raven was so angry he was yelling.

We have liftoff and the crowd goes wild, Neiko thought as she covered her mouth and giggled.