Chapter 11

"Well, Neiko, tell us about it," Xartna said taken aback.

"I was playing with my toys awhile ago, and one of them did strange things like clanging when he hit the wall, and he hit my toy box and said 'Ow'," Neiko replied.

"Neiko, this is no time for you to share any of your Attack Pack adventures," Xartna scolded.

"It's not a game! I mean, this happened for real. I tried to ring him in the toy box and he said 'Ow'. Doesn't that sound a little unusual to you? I mean, toys don't talk," Neiko sputtered.

"Well, yes, but I—well, where do you think the Crackedskulls come in?"

"I think Raven has something to do with it," Neiko trumpeted.

"Why do you think that?" Xartna asked.

"Well, doesn't he have a history of making strange things happen or bringing stuff to life?" Neiko asked.

"Well, yes, but it was only sticks and rocks, and they chased the armory keepers and treasurers around the room while the Crackedskulls made off with some documents. Besides, I don't believe he is capable of bringing a toy to life. Which toy was it?"

"Ramses," Neiko said annoyed.

"The King of Egypt?" asked Francesco jeeringly.

"No, the Dark Pharaoh of Qari," Neiko snapped angrily.

"Oh, you mean the evil twin of Ramesses II?" Francesco sneered.

"No! He's not even related to him nor is he Egyptian!" Neiko thundered back.

"Enough, you two. Now, Neiko, did he chase you around the room?" Xartna questioned.

"No," Neiko said honestly.

"Why do you think he picked him? What do you think he could profit from this?" asked Xartna.

"I don't know the answer to question two, but I think he picked Ramses because he is the meanest and scariest of all of my bad guys," Neiko replied.

"Good point, but do you think this is a test run for another sinister plot?" Xartna asked worried.

Neiko shrugged and said, "I don't know."

I have to stop this before our plans are shot!, thought Francesco. He stood up and said, "Xartna, do we have to listen to this lunacy? There is no proof Raven is behind this, and he is not capable of bringing toys to life!"

Xartna was taken completely off guard. "Now look, Grand High, every incident must be brought to our attention—"

Before he could finish, Francesco pointed at Neiko and said, "Do we have to listen to unreasonable accusations? All of this is unproven and why would he use toys? I mean, this is insanity!"

Neiko put her hands on her hips and asked angrily, "Are you calling me crazy?"

"Yes! That is exactly what I'm saying!" Francesco thundered back. 

"I'll show you crazy!" Neiko said as she pushed up her sleeves in a fighting manner. "How do you know what Raven is capable of? You don't even have magical knowledge unless you're his lapdog selling us out. C'mon and fight, you yellow-belly Raven lover!"

"This is insane! First you call me a traitor and accuse me of espionage, and now you want to end this dispute in violence? These are the actions of a complete lunatic!" Francesco said in defense.

Neiko was so angry that she stormed up and socked him in the nose. The force of the blow caused him to topple to the ground; Francesco grabbed his nose with one hand and staggered to his feet. The entire crowd was silent, taken aback by what happened.

Neiko put her fists on her hips and looked triumphant. "Well, how do you like lunatic, Crackedskull worshipper?"

"Owwww, you will pay for this, you little witch!" Francesco thundered. "Oh, it's bleeding!" he said with a miserable whine. A crimson trickle of blood ran of both nostrils and started dripping on the ground.

Neiko rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Wuss." Neiko looked around at everyone's startled faces. "What?" Neiko asked.

Puma handed him a handkerchief to stop the bleeding. He placed it on his nose and leaned his head forward.

Xartna had had enough. "Stop it! Both of you! There will be no name calling or accusations made without just cause, and this is a meeting ground, not a battlefield!"

"Alright, Admiral Neiko Kidd, from this day forth, is officially disbanded!" Francesco thundered.

The entire crowd began to murmur.

Xartna looked at Francesco horrified. "No, Grand High, this is not necessary, there isn't even just cause—"

Francesco took away the handkerchief revealing his bloody nose. "You don't call this just cause?" he asked as he pointed to his nose then replaced the handkerchief.

"Well..." Xartna began.

"There is plenty of just cause! My nose and all this Ramses talk are enough! My decision is final!" Francesco shouted, interrupting him.

Monganata approached him and put his hand on his shoulder. "Disbandment is a little harsh, Grand High. I just think she's under stress and needs a small vacation. Summer vacation is in two weeks. She can get back to doing her duties."

"Yeah, she will be on vacation, alright, permanently!" Francesco snapped. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get home—I have unfinished business to take care of." Francesco pushed Monganata out of the way.

Everyone watched him leave and shook their heads.

Monganata sighed. "Well, there's no talking with the man when he's that mad."

"I didn't mean to get so mad, but he's been picking at me all evening. I do have a lot on my mind. I'm sorry," Neiko apologized.

Xartna smiled. "Well, I know. Mongie and I will do everything we can to get you back in." Then he rubbed his chin. "Hmmm, well it seems to me he got you riled intentionally, but I'm not sure why."

Monganata nodded. "You're right. I know he hasn't been too fond of you, Neiko, but tonight put the icing on the cake. No harm done, but there has been something suspicious going on for a long time, and I think we're close. Xartna and I will check more on this and this Ramses business. So hang on."

Xartna nodded. "Well, I'll talk to Sigma on helping us out. We are the only three that will work on it, and we'll keep it under wraps. Just hang on, Neiko. We'll fix this, so kick back for a while. It won't hurt."

"Okay, I will. Xartna, will you adjourn the meeting? I need to get home. My cousin will be here in ten minutes," Neiko said.

"Sure thing. Neiko, you take care, and lie low, hear? I'll keep youinformed," Xartna said patting her shoulder. "Alright, everyone, the meeting isadjourned!"