Chapter 9

After supper, Neiko went into her bedroom and shut the door. She thought and thought about what happened with Ramses and about what happened at dinner. "I can't believe she didn't believe me."

Neiko muttered under her breath. "Oh well, it's probably nothing—but still..."

The phone rang and interrupted her thoughts.

"Amanda, telephone!" her mom called.

"Who is it?" Neiko asked.

"Jessica! Don't talk long," said her mom handing her the phone.

"Olleh?" Neiko said into the phone.

"Olleh, how are you?" asked Jessica.

"Okay, I guess, boy, I got something to tell you, and it's really weird."

"Really! What?"

"Um, well, I was playing with the Attack Pack and Ramses did some weird stuff, like one time he clanged and later he said 'Ow'."

"Really? Cool! I was wondering if your mom will let me spend the night with you. Will you go ask your mom?"

"Say, hold on a sec, will ya?" Neiko put the phone down and ran into the living room and asked, "Mom, can Acissej spend the night tonight?"

"I don't care," she said.

Neiko ran back into her room and picked up the phone. "Mom said s'ti yako, so you can come on over!"

"Alright! What time do you want me to come over?"

"Hmm, well it's six now, so you can come around seven thirty, okay?"

"Why seven thirty?" she asked.

"Well, you need to get packed, and I have to um, go outside and, um, see Tweety's grave a minute, okay?"

"Well, okay, see you then!"

"Okay, bye!" then she hung up. "Well, I can't tell her I have a meeting with the Seven Tribes!"