Chapter 15

Maddie's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That was all I heard and I soon realised where I was. I felt a pain and tried to open my eyes. Sad,yo they felt to heavy to open but after a couple more attempts I finally did. My whole body felt heavy and I felt as if I couldn't move. I looked at my side and saw a blurry figure. I moved my hand but felt it a warm hand fit in my stone cold one. The blurry figure next to me soon became clear and I saw that it was Tom. I tried to speak but nothing came out. "No Maddie don't speak. Just get rest. Do you want some water?" He asked as he kissed my forehead. I nodded my head and he soon left my room. I looked down and saw that I was wearing a hospital gown over my stomach that was still big from carrying my son. But as soon as I saw a long cut going down it I know that I had lost him. My hand instantly went to my to my former baby bump. I felt tears go down my cheeks even if I didn't know for sure that I had lost the baby.

When Tom entered the room he refused to tell me about what happened until I was fully rested. .tom please just tell me. This is my life and my child. What happened? Please just tell me." I asked as I felt more tears stain my cheeks."Maddie please just let me tell you later. You are not ready just yet. You're still feeling weak." He said as he stroke my cheek and kiss my forehead. With that said I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep. When asleep I felt a sharp pain in my chest and everything started to feel heavy again.

Finally I was able to open my eyes and I saw Tom with tear stained cheeks. "Tom what happened." I asked. "Maddie your heart stopped again. I thought I might have lost you." He said as he hugged me. "Tom what do you mean again?"  I  asked as I fully understood what he said. "Maddie that night when I took you to the hospital your heart stopped in the middle of the surgery."he said as more tears ran down his cheeks. "Tom, what happened to my son?" I asked and heard it...