Chapter 10

Maddie's POV

20 Weeks

Today was finally the day. I was sat on the sofa waiting for Tom to be finished in the bathroom so I could go in the shower. But I couldn't sit still because I really just wanted to leave the house and finally find out what gender my little one was. Once Tom came out of the bathroom I jumped up and skipped to the bathroom. "Wow, someone's happy" Tom said before I went in the bathroom. "Well I'm finding out what gender this little one is." I said as I placed a hand on my baby bump. "I know I can't wait to find out if I'm going to have a niece or nephew!" He said as he came and placed his hands on mine. "Who said you would be their uncle. Your not my brother." I said as we took our hands off my baby belly. "Yeah, but please Maddie. I'm practically your brother." He begged. "Tom don't worry I was joking, you will be Uncle Tom. You are a brother even if we don't have the same blood." I said as I hugged him. "Thank you Maddie!" He said as I turned around.

After my shower I got dressed into a baggy t-shirt and a pair of leggings. My appointment was at 3:00pm and it was only 10:15am so we both had a lot of time to kill. We both sat down on the sofa and put a movie. I went into the kitchen and got some carrots and mayonnaise. "Maddie what the hell is that!" Tom said as he looked at what I was eating. "Carrots and mayonnaise. Sorry I was craving it. Don't blame me, blame this one." I said and pointed to my stomach. "Ok. Well let's watch this and then we can go out for lunch." He said once I had sat down and started to watch the movie. I nodded my head and comtinued eating.

After lunch we went straight to the hospital. We were in the waiting area when a couple of fans came up to us. They asked for pictures with both of us and what the gender of the baby was, to which I just told them the truth that I didn't know yet. They also asked who the father was and I had to lie with that one and say I didn't know. It felt so wrong lying to the fans but maybe I won't have to soon.

After a while my name was called and I went into the doctors office. I sat down on the bed and pulled up my top so that you could see the obvious baby bump. "Alright, so I'm sure you know but you can find out the gender today if you want to. You don't have to if you don't want to. So, what will it be?" The doctor asked me. "I'd like to find out the gender please." I said as she started to put the gel on my stomach. "Ok. Let's find out what you're having." Tom said as the doctor left to go run he test to check that the baby was ok and what I was having.

After a while she came in, I grabbed Tom's hand in excitement when she started to talk.
"Well Miss Coupland you will be back a baby..."