Chapter 13

Maddie's POV

32 Weeks

I woke up very happy. It was less than a month till my due date and I couldn't be happier. I was soon going to meet my son. His room was ready and filled with clothes, furniture and everything he will need. Tom mainly did the room  and he didn't want anything to happen to me.

I walked down stairs and the smell of waffles filled the apartment. "Tom, you are the best." I said as he placed down a plate of waffles on front of me. We sat there and talked as we ate our waffles. It was mainly to trying to get the name of the baby out of me but I wasn't going to tell him until I was holding my son in my arms.

After eating breakfast I decided to go in the bath. I let the warm water cover me as I stared at my large baby bump, if you can even call it that. Bubbles surrounded me as I listened to my favourite playlist. After about half an hour the water stared to get cold so I stepped out of the bath. And put on a large top,that I stole from Tom, that came down to my knee. I didn't bother putting on trousers as the top was like a dress and it was just me and Tom in our apartment. I walked into the kitchen and saw Tom baking something. "Hey Tom, what you doing?" I asked as I walked up to him. "Trying to make a cake. Help me." He said as I looked into the ball and saw something that was meant to be cake batter. I agreed to help him and it turned into a lot of fun. We were both belting out the lyrics to 'Fourth Of July' by Fall Out Boy when I felt something run down my leg and I felt very nauseous. I looked down and saw a small pool of blood. "Tom... I don't feel so good." I said to Tom as he caught me before I fell to the floor. "Maddie, stay awake I'm going to get you to the hospital. Don't worry everything is going to be fine." He said as he carried me to the car. "Tom I'm sleepy. I just going to close my eyes." I said as he did up my seatbelt. "No Maddie, stay awake." He said but I was already drifting in and out of consciousness. Eventually I felt my eyes drift shut and the world around me got very quiet before I couldn't hear anything.