Chapter 81 Forgiven

“I forgive you today and for always because deep in my heart you will always be mine,” Tash07

            “Yes my dear, I see that you have not forgotten,” she said. My mind was in a whirlpool. As soon as I saw her I remembered the shaker and mate crystals that she used. I recalled her mate Besnik and then my eyes widened Erid. The way he became drawn to me, the accident in the lab and then everything seemed to fall in place, the wolf, it was him, he had done this but no!” I thought and shook my head. She came forward and something gleamed in her hand. “Revenge is sweet but I didn’t get my revenge,” she said, “you will die and tonight.” I swallowed and noticed the blade in the light. “Please,” I begged, “Don’t.” She laughed and looked at Paulo who was now behind her. “Hear how she begs for mercy, Besnik never got the chance.” I gulped and a tear ran down my cheek.

            “They will find you shot to death in front of their little sanctuary and I could see the look in his eyes when he finds you,” she said. She bent down and pulled my hair. I cried out and her hand shot out. I gasped at the impact on my face and then became silent. “Remember this night because it will be your last,” she said and then raised the gun. I closed my eyes and waited. The sound seemed frozen in time. I gasped and waited for the pain, surely this was it. I opened my eyes slowly and then screamed as she fell forward towards me. I moved back and stared at her. Her back was beginning to blossom bright red. Before I could even register what was happening Paulo was running with someone behind him. I got up and looked at Luminitza. She lay there so still, so lifeless it was then that I felt the lurch in my stomach. I turned and let the soup I had just eaten come back out. I stayed like that until someone held my arm.

            I stood up shakily and then stared at Erid. For a moment he wavered and then everything disappeared. My eyes opened and I looked around. I was in a familiar room, the sheets and curtains reminded me of where I was. I inhaled a breath of air and then sat up. “I didn’t think you would get up,” a voice came. I scanned the room and spotted him in the corner. Before I knew what I was doing I let out a scream and my hands pulled me across the mattress. He got up and walked towards me. I sat there, with my knees together shaking. He sat down and I tried to move away. His hand landed on my leg and pulled me back. “No!” I thought. “Listen to me, I know you remember everything, Caith, I know you saw me and yes I did this to you but I had no control over my body, it was Luminitza,” he said. I gulped. “You’ll probably be sleeping with nightmares after this but I tried to keep you away I tried,” he said. “What happened to her, them?” I asked. He looked up and I could see his eyes, cold and hard, she’s dead, I caught Paul and they got him arrested.” He said. I sighed and shook my head.

            I stared at him and he sighed. “We were so close I, I he dragged on. I pulled away my foot and he let go. “Maybe mother was right I should have left you to begin again, I’m sorry for everything I did I know I’m a monster to you but can you blame me for what someone else did,” he said. He got up and he shook his head. “We’ll leave tomorrow, I’ll drop you back to your apartment and then I’ll disappear out of your life forever,” he said and was out the door. I stared at his retreating back and then got up. I lay back and closed my eyes. Everything was clear to me now, I felt as if I’d just woken up out of a dream. I pushed back the covers and thought about everything that happened. He had been there protecting me from the vampire, he was there with me so why did I feel afraid. The memory of me running through the woods and the wolf tearing at my clothes came to me. I winced and then sighed. “Heavens help me,” I said.

            That evening Madame came to see me. I could tell she noticed that I was frustrated. “What is it my child?” she asked. I sighed and told her about the memory that haunted me. “It is traumatic but you must remember Erid was not in control of his mind and body, if he was do you think he would have done this?” she asked. I shook my head. “Perhaps I have been too hard on him,” I said. She stared at me and then I lay back. “Thank you,’ I said. She smiled and stayed a while more. After she left I got up and made up my bed. I had made up my mind to do something. I walked to the door and then opened it. I did not know where he was but hopefully I could come across someone who did. I walked out and looked out in the yard, there was no one there. I finally followed the corridor that led to Madame’s chambers. She was out, I knew because there was a sermon going on.

I knocked on the door and waited no answer. I sighed and was about to turn away when it opened. “Erid,” I said. His eyes widened and I smiled. “Can I come in?” I asked. He nodded and opened the door wider. I stepped in and he moved past me towards his room. I followed him and sat down on his bed. He sat on the chair and looked at me. “Erid I, I’m sorry,” I said. He looked at me and shook his head. “For what?” he said, “I should be begging your forgiveness it was me who did that to you.” I sighed and looked at him. “You weren’t the one doing that,” I said, “I know.” He shook head and I felt my face growing red. “Look will you listen,” I said. His eyes shot up and I glared at him. A smile formed on his face and he got up and plopped down beside me. “I don’t know if I can forgive myself,” he said. “Well can you try,” I said. “I will,” he said. I smiled and then held his hand.

            I sat there recalling a memory. We were outside my apartment, holding hands and then a kiss. I sighed as a feeling of warmth swept my chest and spread throughout my body. I held his hand and he stared at me. We stayed like that suspended with our hands entwined until he leaned forward and captured my lips. I closed my eyes and fell back. His hands held mine above my head and then his kiss grew more passionate. I gasped as a new warmth filled my chest. I moaned and he stared at me. I twisted underneath him as the golden feeling filtered through my body right down to my toes. I opened my eyes wide and ran my hands through his hair. He pulled back and then it was gone. I lay there feeling refreshed and renewed.

            His hand reached out for my blouse and I swatted it away. “What are you doing?” I asked. “I want to see your chest?” he said. “You pervert!” I cried. He smirked but reached for me. I slid back and he grabbed my foot pulling me back towards him. I screamed as I met him my dress raising as I went. I blushed and he caught my hands. I sighed and tried to pull away. His hand reached out and peeled back the blouse exposing the top of the left side of my chest. I closed my eyes but quickly opened them when I heard him gasp. “What is it?” I asked. He pulled me up and I stared at my chest. There before where the half crescent mark was lay a full circle. “What did you do?” I asked. He shrugged and reached for me. I gasped and pulled away. “Erid, I said. He looked up. “I want to be with you I really want to but…” “What,” he asked. “I’m not one of your people I won’t ever be,” I said. He sighed and held my hand. “Let’s forget about that for now,” he said. I shook my head and stood up. He stared at me and I could see the anger in his eyes. I turned and ran out of the room.