Chapter 54 One last time

I awoke early the next morning feeling so cold I thought I would get Hyperthermia. It was only when I looked for the window did I realize why, the window was still busted and smarty me had forgotten. I got up and realized that there was a blanket on me. I was trying to recall if I had ever pulled up a blanket when my answer walked through the door. I gasped in shock and drew back. Erid smiled and came closer to the bed. “How did you?” I asked. He looked at the window and I sighed. “Why did you leave the hospital?” He asked. I looked up at him with one eyebrow cocked and then shook my head. “I was fine they let me out,” I said. He looked at me and then shook his head. A broad smile filled his face. “I want you to meet someone,” He said. I inhaled and looked at him. “This was it,” I thought.

            “Will you come to the Sanctuary with me?” He asked. “How could he know what was going through my head?” I thought. I looked at him and then smiled. My thoughts went back to the hospital when I had reached out for him to stop. The feeling I had gotten from before it was not there. “I had to do this for him,” I thought. I smiled and nodded. “Sure,” I said. He smiled and then got up. “I made breakfast,” He said. I laughed and got up. He left me eating breakfast and I sat staring at the door. “I wanted him to be happy but how could I tell him that I did not want to go?” I thought. I closed my eyes and dropped a piece if half eaten toast.

            I washed my plate and then went back upstairs. I was in the process of trying to fix the room when I heard my phone. It was a sound I had not heard in a while. I scrambled around until I found it on the dresser. I flipped it open and answered. “Where are you?” a voice screamed. I smiled. “I’m home,” I answered. There was a curse and then silence. “I’m ok,” I said. “You better be,” The voice replied. I smirked and then he told me that I had gotten the week off on a sick leave. I groaned, “What was I to do on a week off?” I thought. We chatted for a little while well Max lectured me to be careful and then he hang up. I slumped on my bed and then after about five minutes I got up. There was something I wanted to do. I took a quick bath and threw on a loose cotton dress and my jacket. I left my hair loose and slipped on a pair of black ballet flats.

            I called a taxi and then sat down. When it came I directed it and then sat back. The drive seemed longer than usual but when I got there everything was the way it used to be. I paid the driver and then stepped out. I walked past several tombstones and came to a stop in front of a graphite black one with a picture of Dad on it. I inhaled and knelt down. “It’s been so long,” I said, “Dad I knew what you did , Erid told me everything, I wished you were still here dad, life is so difficult sometimes but if you were here I’m sure it would have worked out.” I sniffled and a tear slipped down. “Dad Erid wants me to see his mate, he’s so happy I’m happy for him but it’s so crazy,” I said. He doesn’t know how I feel, what I feel heck I don’t even know, I wish you were here so I could tell you everything,” I said. I closed my eyes and then touched the cool marble surface. “I miss you dad,” I said. “I can’t go back to the Sanctuary, I’ve made up my mind I’ve put them through too much especially the one who lost both of his sons,” I said, “I can’t.” I sniffled and then got up. “I’m sorry dad for everything I really wish you were here with me,” I said. I turned and then my eyes widened. “No!” I thought. He walked towards me in three quick strides and then looked up at me. I breathed in deeply and looked back at the tombstone.