Chapter 59 Afraid

“You laugh, you sigh and then you cry, what is all this I see, tell me why,” Tash07

            I finished work late as usual and left. As tired as I was I could not forget what had happened today. Erid was either crazy or extremely bipolar. I sighed and drove on. Tonight was definitely take out. I stopped by a small Chinese Restaurant and ordered two boxes of noodles to go. I drove on after that until I reached my apartment. My eyes roved around the area scanning it for what I had no idea. I took a deep breath and opened my door. The air was cool and the sound of crickets was the first thing I registered. I took up my take out bag and locked my door before making my way to the front door. Everything was normal and good so far. I fetched my key and opened the door. When I was in the kitchen and had put down the bag, only then did I sigh and sit down.

            I took out my takeout and delved right in, it was delicious. I savoured the flavours and then gulped down some orange juice. “At least I could enjoy something for once,” I thought. I finished my meal and then went up to my room. I was feeling dead tired. The possibility of taking a shower seemed too much but I headed in anyway. The water was cool and refreshing against my skin. I tilted my head forward and then let the drops trickle down my face. Gosh it felt good. I turned off the shower and wrapped myself in my towel. I opened the door and a scream burst from my throat. There on the bed was a pair of boots I knew so well by now. I stepped back in the bathroom and shut the door. There was no way I was going out there with him there and. I looked down at myself and gulped. “My towel…” I thought.

            “Caith!” He called. I heard footsteps and then a knock at my door. “Was he freaking crazy?” I thought. “Erid what, why are you here?” I cried. “Listen to me,” He said. I sighed and went silent. “I have I need, I…” There was silence and then the pounding started at my door. I screamed and moved away. “Erid!” I cried, “Are you crazy?” The pounding continued until I felt sure tears were flowing. I felt so afraid I didn’t know what else to do. I slid down the door and waited as he kept at it. He must have heard me a while later because the pounding suddenly stopped and then there was silence. “Caith,” His voice called through the door. I closed my eyes and turned away. “I’m sorry,” He said, “But something I don’t understand is going on, please listen to me,” He said.

            “You have to come with me back to the sanctuary only then we can figure this out,” I said. I sighed and looked at the mirror. “The last time I was there someone tried to kill me should I go?” I thought. Something was definitely wrong there was no doubt about that. “Imagine if his mate found out that he was kissing someone else,” I thought, “she might go ballistic.” Just thinking about it made me sick but I knew I had to do something. I sucked in a breath of air and then spoke. “I’ll go Erid but I’m not going with you,” I said. I placed my ear close to the door. “Was that a growl?” I thought. There was silence and then he replied. “Ok but I’m sending someone tomorrow morning for you.” I managed an Ok and then gulped. “Erid can you do me favour?” I asked. “What?” came his curt reply? “Can you leave,” I said. There was silence and then something crashed against the wall. I cried out as something hit the door behind my back.

            “I leave you now but I don’t know how much longer I can control myself,” A cold bitter voice spat out on the other side of the door. I hugged my knees to me and shivered. “Was it even Erid speaking,” I thought. I dared not go out even if he had left he seemed more beastlike, more aggressive than I had ever seen him before. Something was going on and the sooner we found out the better. I hugged myself and closed my eyes even if I had to sleep in the bathroom I would. “How could someone who once protected me become so intimidating towards me,” I thought. I sighed and felt a chill down my spine.