CH. 27 All or nothing (Part 1)

My dear all ... so here comes a new chapter of this story and you might be happy to know it's just the first part, since it's coming out rather long.. It's an intense and essential chapter and I could not have it short. There are too many things to be discussed and too many people involved.. That's why we have several POVs.

Hope very much you'll enjoy it, so please let me know with your comments and messages, as they are amazing and they are heart-warming and love them! THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the support you all give me!!

On the right a picture of OLEG --> Vince Ramos

Dedicated to all of you, in particular to ANATOLEG fans and in specific to LEAMS2 as a THANK YOU for your comments and for reading my stories and being a fan of them!

N.B. Have a look at the SHOUT-OUTS in my author's chit-chat !!!

Enjoy!

OLEG POV

I had to travel with Mr. Denisov outside New York to assist him in an important business meeting and make sure everything worked as it was supposed to go. He might be a businessman and run a big import and export company and you might think that protection was not necessary, but it is here that you are at fault. Men like Mr. Denisov needed protection and loyal assistance, because they were powerful men with many connections and interests and you never knew who might not like it. And believe me when I say that out there the competition was merciless. But Mr. Denisov was a man of principles and was clean and always operated in the best and most fair way, never thinking of crossing the law, because he said that would only create more problems.

We had to meet a new client to introduce a new good in the export sector and the client was interested in trying to sell the product in the Baltic regions, given it might be profitable. If Mr. Denisov was willing to enter the deal it meant that it was going to be profitable for sure. He was a great man and I had been lucky to meet him that day of many years ago, and so was his family that welcomed me immediately. It was not an exaggeration or simple showing off when I said I would gladly take a bullet for them; to be fair, I would take a whole magazine if that meant to save their life.

Now I simply sat with Mr. Denisov and the client after providing all the necessary means and assistance, silently observing and interacting only when it was the right time to do it. But there was something in the back of my neck leaving me rather unsettled and I wished to conclude this deal soon in order to drive back to New York.

I felt as if something was out of place and that had to do with Anatoly.

He had behaved oddly this week and when I confronted him to understand what was making him act in such conspicuous way, he just shrugged his shoulders and said it was just me seeing things. He had not reacted or talked back or anything of the sort he would usually do and that was strange for him; I knew of course he had begun to realize he needed to change the path of his life after that confrontation with that young kid, Dmitri’s partner, but there was something else and that left me restless. I took him to ride the bike outside New York and he was really talented, but needed to polish his style and avoid being that much reckless for nothing. I suppose that would never change, it was probably his own way of riding the bike.

I quickly gazed out of the window of the office and in that moment I heard Mr. Denisov and the client saying it was fine and that deal was sealed. I immediately turned my attention back to them and stood up, waiting for them to shake hands; I politely saluted the man and collected Mr. Denisov’s belongings and opened the door checking the outside. He gave me a genuine smile and motioned for me to follow and I believe he wanted to talk about something.