Everything Changes

Thanks for all the support of It's Complicated. I hope you like this sequel.

I was biting my newly manicured nails while staring at the phone in the living room. Conner, my brother, was supposed to be calling soon. I was told I would only be gone for 6 months, max. Well it’s been 6 months and there’s been no news. The only thing that kept me busy was my monthly allowance.

I kept my hair and nails nice, just in case I get to go back home. I wanted to work out things with Grayson, see if he meant what he told me. I didn’t want to believe that he meant it when he told me he used me.

I used the months to reign in my powers. Three weeks after we got to the city, I threw a tantrum and threw Brian across the house, through the drywall and support beams. I felt so bad that I dropped what I was complaining about. If Brian didn’t happen to be a werewolf, I would have really hurt him. He broke a couple ribs; support beams are strong for a reason. I haven’t thrown a tantrum since.

I didn’t want to hurt anyone. I just wanted to go home. I knew that it wasn’t Brian’s fault that I was stuck here. He was just the easy target.

I was able to keep out the thoughts of others by creating a metaphorical bubble around my mind. It was a pain in the butt having to listen to everything everyone around me thought.

Just because I had the power, didn’t mean I wanted it. Though the advantage it gave me over the werewolves couldn’t be overlooked.

When the phone rang, Brian leapt towards it. If I wasn’t so anxious, he would’ve beaten me. With a curl of my finger, the wireless handset came flying towards me. I caught it with a smirk at Brian.

“Connor?” I asked as soon as I pressed the “talk” button.

“Casey?” My brother’s tired voice said.

“Of course. Do I get to come home now?” I asked hopefully.

I heard him sigh. “Let me speak to Brian.” He was trying to give me an order. Like I was a part of his pack or something.

“Come on Connor, just tell me. I want to come home.”

“I know you do. I can’t tell you what’s happening. I need to talk to Brian. He can tell you what he thinks you should know.”

“No.” I said. “You should tell me what I need to know. You’re my brother, not Brian.”

“He’s your protector at the moment Casey. Knowing you, you’re probably making this very hard on him.”

“Am not!” I argued.

“Let me speak to him Casey.”