Im sorry, Rosie!

Luka's POV.

I had decided to stay at the hospital that night and Celia being the stubborn girl that she refused to leave my side so here we are on the couch in Kane's hospital room Celia sleeping on my chest. The sun rose a while ago but I have yet to fall asleep. How could I? There is so much swirling around in my head.

"Ew!" Celia squealed in her sleep squirming around on top of me. I laughed at her adorableness rubbing her back gently. Smiling to herself she settled down.

I wish she were awake so I could talk to her but she looked so cute in her peaceful sleep. Especially in my clothes. Since she didn't have any pajamas with her I gave her a large T-shirt and a pair of gym short I had in my car.

I could have had someone from the pack go to her house and pick up some clothes for her but I wanted to see how she looked in my clothes. And man was she hot!

I was still beating myself up over the fact I had hurt her. I was so emotional I let my anger out on her and that is not acceptable. It doesn't matter what I'm going through or how I feel I should never harm her. I was surprised how she reacted to it though. She hadn't yelled at me or freaked out, if anything she was calm.

This girl is amazing. She didn't freak out when she finds out werewolves are real, when she is attacked by Emma, or even when I hurt her. She is unlike anyone I've ever met. I am so lucky to have such a mate.

Rosie's POV.

I woke to a gently kiss on my forehead. Opening my eyes I looked up at the smiling Kane.

"How are you feeling?" I asked a ping of pain in my chest. I had been so scared I was going to lose him. Somehow his kidney got shredded and he lost a surprising amount of blood. I don't know how it happened or why he was there but the biggest question is why was Emma trying to strangle me? This all happened because of that crazy woman.

"I'm okay. How are you?" Pulling up on my chin he examined my neck. Seeing the deep bruises his smile disappeared. "Im sorry, Rosie."

"What on earth are you sorry for?" I looked at him confused.

"I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner." He leaned his head back looking at the ceiling.

"Stop it." I whispered placing my hand on his chest. Hot tears begged to fall but I refused to let them. "Stop it! You saved my life, Kane!"

When he looked at me I saw the pain in his eyes. "I felt it when she was hurting you. I felt her damn hands around your throat. I felt your sickening fear. And where was I? I got there after she hurt you! She hurt you!"

He was yelling at himself not me. Angry tears sliding down his cheeks as he spoke. "I can't believe I was so stupid! It's all my fault! I should have stayed with you! I shouldn't have left you alone! And now because of my damn stupidity you are hurt! Rosie, I'm so sorry!"

"Stop it!" I begged. I don't want him blaming himself. "It was Emma who hurt me! Not you!"

Squeezing his eyes shut he took shaky breaths trying to calm himself.

"Please! Stop!" I cried pressing my trembling lips to his cheek.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.