Dinner with the neighbors

Rosie's POV.

I couldn't get Kane out of my head. He was in my every thought, my every day dream, he was even there when I closed my eyes.

Getting dressed for dinner at the neighbors house I couldn't help smiling like a retard wondering when I would see him next. I was so caught up in thinking about him I put my shoes on the wrong feet.

"Hurry up, Rosie! God damn, child!" My mom screamed from the bottom of the stairs. Not even my witch of a mother could ruin my mood. I took the stairs two at a time skipping out the door and headed next door with a smile.

Our neighbors were kind people. Once a month our families had dinner together. They had a daughter named Haley. She was a cheerleader at her high school and a straight A student, a person my parents wished I was exactly like. I didn't hate her for being what I wasn't, she could have my parents love, I didn't want it. I didn't want anything to do with my abusive parents.

"Rosie!" Haley squeaked petting my head. Swatting her hand away I looked at the girl standing next to her.

My first thought was that this girl was like a human Barbie. She was beautiful and elegant, something that was rare. But then I saw her eyes. I saw the craziness in them. The wicked screaming of insanity silently burning in those blue eyes. It scared me sending a bone shattering shiver throughout me.

"Oh, this is Emma Farrah my best friend. She's staying with me for a while." Haley giggled noticing me starring at her friend. I only could manage a nod. I would give anything to be back in the library in the safety of Kane's arms.

"It's polite to introduce yourself." Emma hissed narrowing her crazy eyes at me.

I had the urge to bolt out the door. "I-I'm Rosie. It's n-nice to meet you E-Emma." I couldn't help my fear induced studded.

"Better." She smirked.

I tried to keep my distance from Emma. At dinner I sat at the opposite end of the table as her and when social time came around I stood at the other end of the room. But I wasn't expecting to have her follow me into the bathroom.

At first she just stood there looking at me blocking my exit. After a minute she began to sniff the air.

"Why do you smell like Luka?" She spat with venom.

"H-he help-ped me with m-my homework at-t the lib-brary today, why?" I backed up slowly as she made her way towards me backing me up against the wall.

"Is that right." Her eyes glowed golden yellow. I almost peed myself! What is going on?

"Y-yes!" I cried. She is going to hurt me! I prayed for Kane to help me.

Kane's POV.

I felt the hands around my throat squeezing with such force but no one stood before me. Rosie!

I let my animal take over my feet leading me to where my mate was being attacked. God, please let me get there in time! Panicking I sent out a plead for help through the packs mind link.

My legs took me to a big blue painted house. I didn't hesitate in storming thought the front door, running to my Rosie. I found her in the bathroom pressed up against the wall some girls hands around her throat. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she fought to stay conscious.

Letting a vicious growl echo throughout the tiled bathroom I tore the girl off my mate throwing her to the floor. I couldn't help the rage that was consuming me. I leaped on top of her clawing at her face, she was to in shock to defend herself.

Rosie's choking gasps for air and heavy sobs fueled my fire. Growling, the girl tried to shove me off her. When I wouldn't budge she dug her claws deep into my stomach making me howl out in pain sliding off her onto the floor. I felt the warm blood spilling out of me.

When I looked up all that was left of the girl was the splatter of her blood on the floor. She was gone.

Rosie crawled over to me tears rolling uncontrollably down her cheeks. Relief let my mind a ease, she was okay.

"Kane!" She gasped caressing my cheek. I knew she saw my yellow eyes but she didn't seem scared.

"Kane!" I looked over to see Luka and Beau rushing into the bathroom fear painting their faces.