Rosie and Kane

Celia's POV.

"This car needs a woman's touch." I announced looking over Lukas car as he drove us to the library. Of course, going overboard, I have to stay with him or an experienced fighter from the pack at all times, so instead of staying with some stranger being my bodyguard, watching my every movement I decided to just stay at the library with Luka until he gets off of work.

"Yes, it does." He smiled sweetly pulling into the library parking lot.

When we walked by the lady at the front desks he gave me the stink eye. In return I gave a devilish grin as I followed closely after Luka.

"Luka!" Called a high pitched voice. I looked around him to see a young girl maybe thirteen years old. Her long bright blonde hair in a long loose braid over her shoulder swung as she ran in our direction. It was adorable that she had on pink lipgloss and a little blush probably trying to look cute for Luka.

"Hey, Rosie." Luka called setting his keys and phone on the counter before picking her up in a hug. I couldn't help but feel a ping of jealousy which I shouldn't. She's freaking thirteen, no competition.

"I've been waiting for you!" She hadn't noticed me yet. Clearing my throat I made my presence known. Her cheerful smile disappeared, quickly recovering she slipped on a fake smile her eyes bubbling with jealousy.

"Rosie this is Celia, Celia this is Rosie. I met Rosie when her parents brought her here for tutoring. I turned her into an A plus student." He explained placing his hand on my side pulling me forward to meet her. I reached out and pet her head.

"It's nice to meet you, Rosie." I smiled.

"Same." She hissed.

I felt happy to see her jealously. It meant she knew he was mine.

"Are you staying long?" She asked trying her best to hide her hope.

"Yeah, I'm staying until he gets off work." I smirked lifting myself to sit on the counter. "What about you?"

She narrowed her eyes at me keeping hold of her fake smile. "I'm only staying until my mom gets off work and comes and picks me up. Why are you staying so long? Don't you have a life?"

"Luka was my ride here and he's coming to my house after he's off work." Playfully I kicked Lukas butt. Has he been watching me the entire time me and Rosie have been talking? His eyes were defiantly glued to me now.

"Have you talked to Danny about me staying over yet?" He asked placing his hand on my leg.

"You know as well as i do, you're staying wither he likes it or not." I chuckled.

"True." He laughed a sexy laugh, sending a shiver down my back. I wanted to kiss him but Rosie was watching us. It would be weird if we started making out in front of a kid, it's just something you don't do.

Clearing her throat Rosie tugged on Lukas sleeve gaining his attention. "I need your help with my homework." She began pulling him away. Looking back at me he blew me a kiss.

"I'll be back. Watch after the desk and do not," He paused for dramatic effect. "Leave this building."

"Yes, caption." I giggled slipping off the desk. I watched them from behind the desk. Rosie kept a goofy grin on her face touching his arm whenever she could.

Rosie's POV.

She was so beautiful. Her long waves tumbling down her back, her glowing eyes, everything about her was lively and brilliant. She was one of those people that leaves an impression.

If she wasn't with Luka I would have followed her around like a puppy following its new owner. But from what I can tell her and Luka are an item. It made an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

At home I was all alone. My parents thought I was a mistake, worthless and they didn't hesitate to tell me. It tore my heart apart every time I forced myself to block out their hatful screams in my face. Whenever I was about to give up a child version of Lukas face popped into my head. He gave me the strength to keep going.

I never verbally thanked him because he would most likely think I'm crazy. But, I owed him my life.

Seeing her it clicked in my head. He isn't mine.

"Rosie, are you okay?" Luka looked at me with concern. I must have zoned out while he was explaining how to do the math problem.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I giggled. Suddenly I felt eyes on me, it wasn't creepy though. Looking around my eyes stopped on a boy. He was maybe a year older than me, standing in the doorway his wide beautiful blue eyes on me. Instantly I loved this boy, before I even realized who he looked like. He was the younger Luka, the face that has always given me strength and hope. It was him? I had always thought it was Lukas face, but seeing the boy before me I knew I was wrong.

I couldn't take my eyes from his, I was trapped.

"What's your name?" He asked with the voice of a god, so angelic and beautiful it sent butterflies into my stomach.

"Rosie. You?" I watched his face light up as he ran to me. When his arms wrapped around me my body was shocked with brilliant mesmerizing electric shocks.

"Kane! My name is Kane!" He cried holding me tightly. I welcomed his exquisite embrace, taking in his captivating scent of oak. I clung to him feeling all the bad in my life slowly slip away. He was my savior.

Celia's POV.

"Who is he? He looks just like you!" I asked as Luka came to stand next to me. We watched the boy and Rosie sit there holding each other whispering.

"My little brother Kane. I guess Rosie is his mate. Who knew!" He chuckled pulling me into his arms.

"I didn't know you had a little brother." I gasped.

"Not many people do. He witnessed a murder when he was five and was put in witness protection. We just finished hunting down all of the people after him. Today is his first day back." He looked at his little brother with such admiration it reminded me of the way he looked at Beau. "It was a group of wolves that were passing through and went on a killing spree. You remember the mask triplet murderers from years back? Well that's them. Kane witnessed the last murder and they went after him."

"Oh my god! That's horrible!" I couldn't imagine that happening to me. Poor kid, shouldn't have had to go through something like that.