Parents

"After my dad got arrested and Danny gained custody of me we used to come down here all the time. Just spend all day here forgetting about everything. It was our therapy." This is an important place to me. A place I feel safe. Almost as safe as when I'm in Luka's arms.
"Why was your dad arrested?" He asked playing with a strand of my hair. We were laying on our blanket in the grass, no one anywhere in sight. He found the perfect spot for privacy. He lay on his back with me curled up on his side, my head on his chest.
"I've never told anyone the real reason he was arrested." It wasn't something I wanted just anyone to know. Also I didn't want people's pity, I didn't want people to see me any different.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But I'm here for you, angel." He kissed the top of my head sweetly.
"I want to tell you." I fought the tears that burned my eyes. "Um, after my mother died my dad started drinking a lot."
I felt Luka stiffen under me as if he had guessed what I was going to tell him.
"He would come home drunk and beat Danny the hardest. I would try to stop him and he would hurt me. We kept our mouths shut until one night he came home," I took a second to breath before continuing. "And came at me. Danny was outside doing yard work so he wasn't there to stop him. He started ripping my clothes off and touching me and hurting me. Before he could actually rape me Danny stopped him. Danny almost beat him to death before calling the cops."
I felt the hot tears on my skin. Pulling me up to lay on top of him, his embrace swallowed me as if he were trying to absorb all the bad in my life. I felt safe in his arms, nothing could touch me. Luka will protect me.
"I will never let something like that happen to you again. No one will lay a hand on you." He promised.
"Luka?" I pressed my nose to his neck inhaling his addicting scent.
"Yes, Celia?" His voice was soft and warm.
"Where are your parents?" I was a little nervous to ask.
"My mom died giving birth to me and my dad hung himself shortly after." I felt a sharp pain in my chest.
"Were they mates?" If Luka were to die I don't know if I'd be able to keep living. I know I must sound like a stupid love struck teenager over exaggerating but it broken my heart just thinking about never seeing him again, let alone him dying.
"Yes." He seemed confused but didn't say anything else.
"That's so sad. But if it were me I'd do the same thing." Hot tears rolled down my cheeks slipping onto his neck. I pulled back to look at him. His eyes were full of shock his mouth hung open a little.
Just then the fireworks erupted in the sky causing me to look up. Bursts of red and blue exploded across the deep blue. I watched in awe at the beautiful show.
Electricity shocked my cheek where Luka's hand caressed my face. I looked down at him with a smile.
"Celia, I love you so damn much." He breathed sexily.