CHARLIE?!?

I still felt the tingling effect of Lukas touch well after he had left me standing at a food stand so he could go find us a nice place to sit and watch the fireworks. The line I stood in was long and I was at the very end waiting patiently. I thought nothing could ruin my amazing mood but I was dead wrong.
"Why is it," I turned around to see a Barbie standing behind me her icy glare intense. "That you always reek of him? I assume you didn't give him the message because if you had he would have kicked you to the curb."
"Oh, Emma." I smiled at her stupidity. "I did give him the message, he just didn't want you. Never has, never will."
A vicious growl crept from her red lips. "That's not true. Stop lying!"
"Oh, honey I'm not lying." I loved that I was pissing off miss perfect Emma Farah. No one and I mean no one has ever went up against Barbie Farah. I took satisfaction in that fact I was the first and it was a success. Bitch needed a wake up call.
"Want to know something, Emma?" I placed a hand on my hip. "You don't scare me. I will not back down when you stomp your bratty foot. Luka is mine! Get that into you thick little head."
Stepping forward she went to slap me but I swung my arm out hitting her hand away before it could make contact. I kind of felt like a badass. That didn't last long though.
Growling she grabbed hold of my neck before I could react. With a wicked smirk she began squeezing.
She didn't have the chance to get to the point where it hurt though. She was thrown back into a tree pinned by something, someone.
Running to them I looked at who stood choking the life out of her. It was Charlie!
"Don't touch her! That's an order!" He barked viciously his eyes glowing golden yellow. Holy Shit! Holy shit! "I out rank you, bitch! And so does Luka! You think he will let you live if you hurt his mate? Fuck, you hurt her and ill kill you!" He spat at her.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Charlie is a werewolf?! What the hell! I've know him since fourth grade, we are like family! How did I not know?
"Charlie, don't kill her!" I gasped as her face began to turn a feverish red color.
Immediately he snapped out of his rage and backed away from her letting her slid to the ground coughing and gasping for air. When his eyes met mine all the yellow disappeared. "Celia, are you okay?"
My fist slammed into his shoulder. "Dammit, Charlie! Why didn't you tell me?"
"God, woman!" He winced in pain grabbing his shoulder. "How was I supposed to tell you? It's not exactly something you just come out and tell someone."
"I'm weird and you know that. I wouldn't have been scared or anything, you should have figure out some way to tell me." I crossed my arms over my chest.
"Oh, hey Celia. Did you know, I'm a werewolf." He chuckled.
"True." I smiled knowing I probable would have thought he was joking. But not now. I knew the truth and he didn't have to hide it from me anymore.
Leaving the Barbie without a second thought we went to stand back in line. No one had even noticed what had just happened.
"What's with the whole out ranking thing?" I had some questions and I knew he would tell me all I wanted to know.
"Well, you know what an Alpha wolf is right?" He asked knowing my love of wolves.
"Yeah, the leader."
"Okay well, Luka's older brother Beau is the Alpha making Luka next in line as Alpha. If anything happens to Beau then Luka takes his place leading the pack." He paused to see if i understood so far. I nodded for him to continue. "My older brother Nate, you've met him, is Beau's beta. A beta is like the Alpha's right hand man. Our ranking is right below Alpha. I say 'our' because I am Lukas beta. Now you get it?"
"Yeah, pretty much." I felt a little more in the loop. "Basically your Luka's bitch."
"No, I'm not!" His stomped his foot like a little kid.
"Okay, drama queen, next question." I laughed. "What did you mean when you said I was Luka's mate?"
This question caused him to stiffen. I searched his eyes and found discomfort. "He hasn't told you yet?"
"Told me what?" I was utterly confused. Charlie fidgeted nervously with the him of his shirt. "Charlie, spill."
"Dammit, Celia. You're going to get me in trouble." Rubbing his temples as if he had a headache he growled to himself. "Luka would kill me if I told you."
"I won't let him, now tell me!" I rolled my eyes.
"A mate, humans us the would soulmate, is two souls made for each other. Love at first sight, you know the mushy love stories kind of stuff. Such a strong attraction you only have eyes for your mate. It's not something you can choose or deny. It happens and you can't control it. Fate chose you and Luka as mates." He eyed me nervously waiting for a reaction. What he just told me answered so many questions. It explained how I trusted and loved a stranger as soon as I met him. It explained my obsession over him. It explained so many things. It all finally made sense.
"Thank you for telling me!" I squealed throwing myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"What's going on here?" Came a familiar voice that sent chills down my spine. We turned to look at a very pissed off Luka.
"Luka!" Charlie stepped away from me. "It's not what you think!"
"Charlie, I suggest you leave before I do something ill regret!" He growled through clenched teeth. His eyes glowed a vicious yellow showing his rage. Charlie took off running.
"Luka!" I yelled. His eyes snapped to me instantly softening the yellow slowly faded. "Stop being stupid. He's family."
"Family?" He wrapped his arms around my waist possessively.
"Yes, family."