Dont Tell

Those warm golden eyes looked into me, rendering my heavily guarded walls useless, peering straight into my soul. They saw my broken heart and scarred being so easily despite my wishes. I was an open book written in a language that only the two of us knew, while he remained cold and merely an observer, not sharing anything about himself. My hand reached out brushing through the thick black fur on his neck. The wolf didn't so much as flinch at my touch, his eyes not willing to leave mine. Never before has he let me touch him. Over the seven months we have been watching each other this is the closest we've ever been, before we only watched from a distance but today was different.

A sharp cracking sound stole his attention. We weren't alone in these snowy woods unlike we wished, someone was watching us. Moments later three wolves emerged from the trees into the small clearing where we stood. A threatening growl crept up his throat warning our intruders though they didn't seem to care. In a panic he ran at them slamming into the middle wolf with all his strength. I couldn't watch as they ganged up on him, biting into him viciously like the wild animals they were. I helplessly looked away not able to leave him, my legs rooted to the spot I stood upon.

The fight ended with a loud howl from somewhere near by. When the three wolves heard it they went off running with their tails between their legs leaving their target a motionless bloody mess in the snow. Right as I stood to run to him a whine came from behind me. A dark sand colored wolf crept to me low to the ground, not a threat. He laid before me his eyes glued to his fallen comrade.

When I turned back to help our friend there wasn't a bloody wolf, but a bloody man laying naked and vulnerable in the snow. I was to stunned to move until I heard him groan, that's when it hit me, he is laying injured and naked probably freezing to death, go help him stupid.

His injures weren't as bad as I had thought but still need to be taken care of. I was just happy he was alive. My house was on the edge of the woods about a half mile away, about a six minute trip normally but dragging him it took me almost twenty.

"Danny!" I screamed lugging him through the back sliding glass door. I could feel the heat being sucked out the door.

"What is it?" He came running from the kitchen wearing my pink cooking apron.

"Help him." Tears were burning my cheeks and my fingers were numb from the deathly breath of the cold chasing us outside.

"I'm calling for an ambulance!" His eyes just about popped out of his scull at the sight of us collapsed on the ground.

"No don't!" How would I explain him turning into a man and what if he turns back into a wolf? They would just throw him into a lab as some experiment. Always being poked with needles and forced to do crazy things.

"Please just help him. We can't take him to a hospital. I can't tell you why, so don't ask." I looked up at him feeling helpless. There was nothing I alone could do to help him. My brother on the other hand was a nurse and helps people on a daily bases. This wasn't the first time I've brought something injured home but it was the first time it being a person.

"Fine help me carry him to my bedroom." Danny tore off his apron and came to help. When we got him onto the bed I was shoved out of the room. All I could do was sit next to the door hugging my knees. Soon enough I fell asleep waiting.

When I woke up I had a blanket draped over me. The bedroom door was left cracked open telling me Danny was done so I quietly went in.

He laid there sound asleep, his tan muscular arms spotted in bandages. Even though he must be in so much pain his face was relaxed and peaceful. I don't know how long I sat there watching him sleep before he woke, sitting up brushing his hand through his long wavy black hair.

"Where am I?" His eyes brilliant blue eyes examined the room carefully.

"My house. How are you feeling?" My hand instinctively began to reach for his shoulder but I stopped just in time. He watched my hand as it slowly retreated to lay in my lap.

"Is it safe for me to be here?" He looked me over. "Your not going to tell anyone are you?"

"A thank you for saving me would be nice." I yelled. "I thought you were going to die or something and was scared out of my mind and that's all you have to say?"

He stared at me in shock.

"Well your welcome, asshole. You should thank your friend too, if it weren't for him they wouldn't have stopped." I looked out the window in anger.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Celia, what's yours?" I attempted to sneak a peek at him but his eyes were on my face.

"Luka. Thank you for helping me, Celia."

"Yeah, whatever." Heat rose in my cheeks.