Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Shade's P.O.V.

"Man, did you see that look in her eyes?!" I said to Dylan who quickly paced back and forth, raging on the inside but nothing to vent it on considering he had already destroyed everything in the tiny cell. "She really wanted to kill us!"

"They've been messing with her, brain washing her or something. No way would Scarla want to kill us, never, never, never..." Dylan replied, talking quick through clenched teeth, his fangs looking lethal and his eyes glowing a violent bloody red.

"And the fire; what the hell did they do to her?!" I growled, my fists clenched so hard by my sides that my knuckles turned white.

"Dude, it's a freakin' laboratory in an abandoned prison on an empty island off the coast of San Francisco, god knows what they did to her! God knows what they could be doing to her now," He growled, his voice becoming quieter to nearly a whisper.

We knew the effect was most likely irreversible... that our sister, our little Scarla, was most likely gone forever, experimented into a heartless, blood seeking, flame combusting servant of the Scientists, unable to even recognize her brothers, her own flesh and blood... though ours and hers have been altered, far less humanoid now.

Fire ran through her veins and none to little blood ran through ours, causing the hunger for others' blood, but because their was some still pumping through our body, our hunger was not as consuming as it could be, which is what I was thankful for. Luckily, they haven't given us any humans to feed on like in all the movies. But I wasn't getting my hopes up that we wouldn't be getting any at all.

"She's gone, Shade... gone," Dylan muttered, leaning against the wall and slowly sliding down it and into a ball on the floor, looking like a scared little boy with his arms wrapped aroun his knees, his face hidden from view.

I knew he was crying, I was still wondering why I wasn't; my little sister was gone, she had tried to kill me mercifully. I just concluded I was still in shock... I hope that was it anyway or had I become a psycopath... incapable of feelings...

No... I seriously doubt that....