Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Scarla's POV

I was cold.

I was numb.

My eyelids were heavy.

I could taste blood in my mouth.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, focusing on the room and trying to get rid of the fuzziness. I could feel myself shiver, my black uniform pants and t-shirt not providing any warmth at all. The floor I laid on wasn’t like the concrete floor in our cell; this floor was smooth, slippery, and cold to the touch.

Rolling onto my stomach, I slowly tried to get up, blinking back the sudden light headedness. I swayed a bit on my feet, but I discarded it as I tried to figure out where I was. The floors and walls were incased in layers of ice, icy stalactites rising from the ground and stalagmites dangling dangerously from the ceiling. I exhaled the air I had sucked in, surprised to see my breath in front of me.

The room I was in was roughly the same size as my last cell, not too big. But instead of a row of bars, there was a metal door, also incased in a thick layer of ice, and an observation window much like the one in the arena except it mirrored me, hiding the Scientists that were obviously observing me from the other side.

As soon as the weariness faded, a new feeling washed over me, a strong feeling. I felt as if I was like a power plant, housing and storing so much energy, so much power. It buzzed down my arms and to my fingertips. My core was inflamed, the heat spreading outwards, stopping the shivering.

As I looked down at my hands, wondering what this feeling, this power, was I noticed out of the corner of my eye a bright orange glow. I glanced up, looking at the one sided mirror, gasping.

My eyes that seemed blood red maybe hours ago were glowing bright ember, my black pupils looking like coal, feeding the embers that danced in my irises.

My once small fangs were longer, sharper, deadlierand in flashes, it looked as if my veins glowed through my skin like they were flowing with lava or magma. What had happened to me? Wait, where was Shade and Dylan?! I took a double take around the room but it was just me and me alone. They had to be alright, they had to be! I would see them soon, I knew I would.

But as the hours passed, the fear in me of never seeing my brothers again grew. But that’s not the only thing that grew; the heat emanating from me had increased, melting away the ice around me. Now I just sit in a puddle of water, warm from absorbing my heat.

The heavy metal door swung open and before I could even register who they were, the Scientist pressed a button on a small remote and a shock was sent emanating up my arm from the bracelet that was locked on my wrist. Black began blurring my vision, pulling me deeper and deeper into the darkness.