Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Helena's P.O.V.

I was falling through air

Everything had gone red

The pain was incredible

My body screamed at every movement, as I twisted in midair. There was nothing but a faint buzzing in my ears. But there was nothing else. So much nothingness…What was happening? Where was I? Was I falling? Where was Kale?

“ELLA!” The scream pierced the buzzing, pierced the nothingness. I tried to follow the voice but it faded away like smoke. Something hard was under me, burning air above me. The buzzing was still there.

“ELLA WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“KID, SHE’S OVER HERE!” Something lifted me up. But, it felt like I was being twisted into a pretzel. I tried to breathe but the air was choked with smoke.

“K-kale!” I gasped out, searching with my ears. But, the buzzing was still there on the right side.

 No… no… Why couldn’t I hear?! A rush of cool air filled my lungs and something soft was under me. Wait… that smell… ANTISEPTIC?! I threw myself up, screaming wildly. No way in hell was I going back to the facility.

NEVER!

Hands pressed me down but I fought. Kicking forward, there was a loud crunch. I fell into emptiness again. My body hit something hard, and I scrambled to my feet. The buzzing on my right side set me off balance and I fell again. Where was I?! What was happening?!

“Kale!” I screamed, crawling on my hands and knees. He had to be somewhere.

“Helena!” he was there, helping me up. I felt his arms around me, and I went weak at the knees.

“What happened?” I asked, trying not to fall.

“I should be asking you that.” he muttered.

“I’m sorry.” I said, letting him support me.

“Don’t be.”

“I snapped… it’s just because I…” love you

“Kale! Helena!” Moretta’s voice rang through the buzzing, as she ran up. There were smaller footsteps next to her, I supposed it was Lynx. Wait, where was Kanine? I blacked out after she lunged at me… I was so stupid to hurt her like that. What happened?!