Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Eric’s P.O.V.

            “We sent six Hunters out; only four came back with no reports from the other two. What do you think gentlemen, Sarah?” Marcus hissed, his voice low as he had his back to us, his hands clenched in fists at his sides. The room was so silent; you could hear the moans of experiments from the other side of the island.

            “GODDAMNIT! I ASKED YOU IMBICALS A QUESTION!” Marcus yelled, spinning around to face us. His eyes were darker than usual, his face strained in so much anger.

            “We’re not sure, sir,” Sarah piped up, trying hard to keep her voice strong.

            “Not sure? NOT SURE!? How in the HELL is a pack of dumb, teenage rouges able to take down two of our strongest men, and stay off the radar of the other four!? Someone in God’s name explain that to me!” Marcus swung his arm, nocking beakers and test tubes off the table and sending them crashing to the floor.

            “Sir, only one of them is from our Facility, the other four are from the Bermuda and Pompeii Facilities. We should be the ones asking them what happened,” Liam said.

            “But Liam, NONE of them should be out there!” Marcus growled, his face reddening. “The other two facilities are pathetic for even letting one, but two from each, pathetic! Having Project Blood Moon escape from ours and rebel; that just won’t do for any of the facilities. To have the ultimate destroyer escape, which facility looks like the dumb ass now, huh? THE ALCATRAZ FACILITY! That’s what! We need to get it back, all of them back…” his voice trailed, the redness fading and a lightness coming to his eyes.

            “Sir?” Sarah asked, also noticing his sudden lift.

            “Sarah, which two experiments escaped from the Pompeii Facility?” Marcus asked, his voice far less strained, his eyebrows twitching slightly, drawing together in an idea forming look, as if he was trying to figure something out.

            “Uh…” Sarah blanked, scrambling to grab some files from the cabinet beside her. “Experiments Fusion and Willow-Wisps, sir.”

            “Willow-Wisps…” Marcus gaped, grabbing for the file in Sarah’s hand. He leafed through it, his eyes widening slighting.

            “It’s perfect, It’s BRILLIANT!” he grinned, his eyes flashing with that crazy look.

            “It was never perfect… we thought it was perfect but it was missing some alterations… alterations we have access to now…” Marcus began pacing, murmuring to himself things that made no sense.

            “Dr. Basket Case strikes again,” Nathan whispered to me. I couldn’t help the snicker but Marcus was too consumed in talking crazy to himself to notice.

            “We need those rouges; they’re the key to our goal. We can avail to anything with them…” Marcus said, his eyes wide as he stared up at us.

            “They’re coming you know… they’ll be here on a silver platter… they’ll be in our clutches once again, we’ll be back on top!” The crazy grew in his eyes. We all stepped backed, knowing that look.

This was bad, really bad. That look was extreme, too crazy. Quickly, we filed out of the room, leaving Marcus to talk crazy to himself. Hopefully the idea will pass and we won’t have to knock him out…again.