Chapter 27

I admit, this prob isnt one of my best chapters, sorry, but... yeah, just sorry....

~KC Blares

**************************************************************

Chapter 27

Shade’s P.O.V.

I was sore, exhausted, and numb. The Scientists tossed me into my cell along with Dylan and Scarla. Another day, another injection, and later, another test. We were familiar with the routine now. It was the same every week or so. Man, I never thought I would actually miss high school. Even the lunch was better than this.

Since the day Kanine died, Dylan and I haven’t been able to speak. He was a murderer; he killed an innocent girl trying to survive like the rest of us. We haven’t seen much of Slash either since then. I don’t know why; I just hoped he was doing ok.

“Shade, my arm hurts.” Scarla cried. She had toughened up a lot since that day. She doesn’t cry or complain; she just takes it. I was surprised and proud at the same time. Slowly, I tried to get up, my arms and legs feeling like rubber. I walked over to where they tossed Scarla and picked her up, carrying her to the bed.

“It’s ok, come on, you need to rest before they come again.” I tried smiling, lying her down on the bed.

“I’m scared.” She whimpered, a tear sliding down her cheek. I brushed it away, still smiling.

“It’s gonna be ok. You’re a fighter, nothing can stop you.” I chuckled, making her smile a bit before closing her eyes. Her breathing became softer as she slowly fell asleep. Good, she needed to rest for whatever today’s test would be. From all the injections and pills, she’s become much stronger, faster, and smarter than the average six-year-old.

I sat down on the floor, leaning against the bed. I looked across the room; Dylan still lay on the floor where he landed but I could see him breathing. He must’ve just decided to fall asleep there.

I closed my eyes; I needed the rest before the next test too. I needed to survive, for Kanine.

***

“Rise ‘n’ shine bloods!” a deep voice echoed through the cell. I opened my eyes weakly, to stare at the trainer, Hunter, and three Scientists. Knowing there was no point; I would be going where ever whether I fought or not, I just let the Scientists drag me out by my ankles. Scarla was tossed over one of their shoulders and Dylan was being dragged by his wrists.

We traveled down the all too familiar corridor, the corridor that leads to the Arena. I quietly sighed to myself; I would’ve preferred anywhere but there now, even the hell forsaken simulator.