Chapter 19

Thank you to Scooter71000 for writing this AMAZING chapter and editing others. If you love her work then i would advice you to read a couple of her amazing stories.

~KC Blares

**********************************************************************************************************

Helena's P.O.V.

I sat broodingly next to wolf girl’s bed, leaning back in my chair. She had been out all night, but Kale still tied her wrists to the headboard. How could she sneak up on me? Her attack didn’t come close, but there was definitely something weird about her… If the fangs weren’t any indication.

Moretta had insisted in bandaging her wounds and made me stay on watch. Kale and Lynx had long since fallen asleep. They worked too hard.    

Quietly, I reached down to touch the girl. The familiar warmness tingled in my fingers, as I used my power. Her silhouette faded to view, gold slashes indicating her weakness.   

Slowly, I ran my hand along one. The flow of information buzzed around my brain.

Kanine

Slash

Shade

Dylan

Scarla

Blood

Feed

Tests

Pain……

Who was this girl?! I drew back, biting my lip. Was she like us? An experiment?         

    “Kale.” I hissed. My vision faded back to empty greyness. The scientists had taken away my real vision, so Kale acted as my eyes. I had grown up with him in the same cell.    I felt his hand on my shoulder.            

“What’s up?” he asked sleepily.            

“I think she’s like us.”            

“What do you mean?” I heard a faint stirring on the bed.    

"An experiment, Kale. From Alcatraz.”          

“You’re right there.” the girl snarled.   Finally, she was awake. I heard creaking, as she struggled against the bonds.           

  “Let me go if you know what’s good for you.” she hissed            

“Scary.” I replied, leaning back in the chair.            

 “Who are you?” she asked.            

“Helena, this is Kale.” I said calmly.            

 “What do you know about me?”            

“Everything.” She couldn’t keep any secrets from me now. I knew the Kanine left and right; her strengths and weaknesses.          

“Everything?”            

“You and your brother Slash were raised in that hell hole Alcatraz. You were experimented on and tortured like us. You can change into a wolf, you have wings, claws, and all that jazz.”  

“H-how?”            

“Everything in creation has a flaw. Things like us don’t even need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the flaws.” I replied, tilting my head. There was a slight pounding in the distance. Moretta was back.