Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Slash's P.O.V.

It had been days since I saw Kanine. I had been thinking so much about it; the abandoned building, why she couldn’t hear or see me, who those other people were? What was Kanine doing with them? Was it even real? Were they real?

My limbs were limp and sore, still burning with heat. I had been taken back to the operating room several times in the past few days, Scarla accompanying me every time. The injections only seem to be getting worse, the heat becoming greater, the pain increasing.

I vaguely remember blacking out about three times, waking back in my icy prison covered in blood. Once I woke up with an eyeball stuck to my claw, the irises dilated, still containing a weird yellow glow. I woke up never remembering my hours before, just the blood hinting that wherever I was and whatever I was doing wasn’t good.

My head was spinning from my last injection of Red Shift, the ice around me blurred. I leaned stiffly against the corner but I felt as if the room was spinning in circles wildly. I dragged my claws along the walls, eventually feeling the metal wall that had been beneath a foot of solid ice.

I sat in about a foot of warm water that was once ice, long melted. My body was a constant heater, burning everything around me. The Scientists, whenever they came near us, had to wear full body protection suits and extremely thick gloves. They looked like aliens… they were aliens. Abducting us. Poking and prodding us. Experimenting on us. There plans to “take over the world”. They screamed alien.

Or is it just me…