Chapter 43

Alexandria moved the blindfold over her eyes, squinting slightly until the sunlight no longer hurt her eyes. She sat up slowly, she didn't recognize where she was and fear slowly filled her, her chest rising and falling rapidly. Sweat was forming on the back of her neck and she was soon hurrying as fast as her weakened body could carry her down the stairs. Bumping into walls, Alexandria hurried toward the front door, but she didn't consider that someone would be in front of her until she literally ran straight into Bill Weasley's chest.

"Glad to see you're up," Bill grinned, giving Alexandria a slight squeeze as he settled her in place as her legs began to wobble.

"How...what's going on?" Alexandria questioned as she gazed questionally at Fleur and Bill who were smiling slightly. It was then that Alexandria realized she was standing in the very familiar kitchen of the Burrow.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Fleur asked.

"I was...." Alexandria paused and frowned slightly. What did she remember? As she tried to reflect on everything, the only thing that came back was the feeling of warmth and the very familiar scent that now felt like a distant memory.

Fleur nodded with a smile, "let's get some food in you."

"What's going on?" Alexandria repeated as Bill set her down at the table before going to make her food.

"Well, you were released from St. Mungo's ten days ago, once they determined that you were stable enough, we brought you here to be watched over day and night, just in case something were to happen," Bill explained, he placed a bowl of mushroom soup before Alexandria who slurped at it greedily and finished it within a few minutes.

"So....I've been asleep for ten days then?" Alexandria questioned, breaking into her bit of bread.

"Yes you have," Fleur nodded. "Your body needed time to relax and recuperate, you've been under a heavy amount of healing potions and sleeping draughts to keep you sedated while you heal."

Alexandria put down her spoon and stretched her fingers and hands, noticing the ring Vic had given her was now gone, her hand feeling as if it were going to float away, "my ring. Where is it?"

"We can ask Vic when he comes back with the boys," Bill offered.

Alexandria tucked into her second bowl and nodded, "this is so good! Thank you so much."

"Mum left it out for you actually, we weren't sure when you would wake up, she's made a different meal for you each day."

Alexandria nodded, pushing the bowl away from her, "how do you feel?" Fleur asked as she brushed Alexandria's hair from her face.

"Fine...." Alexandria shrugged. The truth was that she felt different, the term empty crossed her mind as she stared at the table. She felt fragile. Fleur gently wrapped an arm around her shoulders before giving her a small hug.

"What is it?" Fleur whispered, knowing Alexandria wanted to say more.

Alexandria shook her head, unsure of where to begin while dismissing the feelings, "where is everyone?"

"Dad suggested a game of quidditch for the boys and Ginny...they'll be back soon though," Bill smiled.

"What're you two doing here?"

"Came to see you," Fleur said as if it were obvious, "we heard about everything and came the second we could." At this Alexandria smiled, appreciating Fleur and Bill's presence.

The door was pushed open and loud voices filled the room excitedly.

"Look! She's up!"

"Lexi!"