Chapter 1

Hufflepuffs....the loyal and the just, that's what defines them and separates them from the rest.  

Alexandria, or Lexi some would call her, a seventh year Hufflepuff at Hogwarts always questioned why she was sorted into the house of the true when she had something to hide. Every student who caught a glimpse of her and knew anything of the magical world, knew in a heartbeat that she was part Veela. But what no one knew, was that she was a vampire, at least a fledgling-a new born vampire. Brushing out her strawberry blonde hair and letting the soft curls fall into place before putting on pink lipstick and some eyeliner to heighten her brown eyes, Alexandria questioned herself. 

How could she be a Hufflepuff? There was no way, she was extremely loyal. But was she an honest person? Not at all. The other virtues the house valued most identified Alexandria, but to her, she wasn't sure why she was put in this house.  As Alexandria got dressed for her morning classes, she questioned her life. Her position. The damned sorting hat. 

"Good morning," her closest and basically only friend, Vic greeted when she appeared outside of her common room. 

"Morning, Vic," she greeted with a small smile. 

"Need a pick me up?" He questioned, he was the only student who knew about her secret. Not on purpose, but rather on accident, he had been walking the Forbidden Forest when he caught her biting into a rabbit. Ever since that moment, Vic was a shadow, never leaving her side and always monitoring her. 

"I'm perfectly fine," she nodded, "just need some extra sausage when we arrive for breakfast is all." She felt her fangs prodding her bottom lip slightly, wanting to jump out and sink into the nearest source.

"Can you believe this is our last year here?" Vic mused as they walked the halls that had become their home. The blonde tips of his hair flopping to the side as they walked down the flight of stairs, towards the Great Hall. 

"What will we do when we get out of here?!" Alexandria said with fake horror. "I know, you'll be off becoming a famous auror and I'll be...hiding from the world." 

"Don't think like that," Vic reprimanded her. "You have your ring on right?" She revealed a beautiful gold ring that had a spell enacted on it in order for her to walk in the daylight. The second it was taken off, she'd burn a painful death in a matter of minutes. "You'll be off finding a cure, and I'll be right by your side helping." 

"That cure doesn't exist," Alexandria sighed with defeat.

"No, not this again. Lexi! We've had this talk, we can make a cure. It's simple really!" 

"There are things for keeping it suppressed but not riding me of it!" Alexandria shook her head in frustration. "It won't be simple, not one bit! If it was simple, vampires wouldn't exist!" 

"We'll find something, I know we will," Vic nodded firmly. He was always so confident that there was a way to reverse vampirism, and as Alexandria watched her friend, she saw exactly why he was a Ravenclaw. He was calculating and smart, his mind already formulating plans and ideas...but she knew that none would work.  

"Won't be able to if Voldemort continues to seep through the Ministry." 

"You see it too, eh?" 

"Everytime I see that damned paper," they took a seat at the Hufflepuff table, Alexandria making sure to take a few more sausages. 

"You won't hate me...will you? When I turn into a full-blown vampire?" She looked at her dearest friend, the first person she'd ever met on the train to Hogwarts. The person who knew what she was and accepted her without a second thought, the person who was always going to be by her side through everything.