Chapter 7

Alexandria put on a black dress and ballet flats before brushing her hair out and walking out from the dormitory and into the packed common room. She paused to look around, many of the students regarded her as they always did—awestruck mixed with nervousness the moment she entered the room. It didn't appear that many of them knew yet.

But when Ernie MacMillan stopped her from walking further he studied her closely, many students seemed to be staring at them.

"So, is it true?" he whispered.

"Is what true?" Alexandria asked, not wanting to give away anything.

Ernie showed his teeth and tapped where his incisors would be, "are you...are you a vampire?" his voice was rather low but even that didn't stop all conversations to drop.

"What would you do if I said yes?" She raised an eyebrow.

Ernie looked shocked, his eyes widening as he stepped away slightly. "We swear, no one will say a word."

All around the other Hufflepuffs nodded in agreement, Alexandria was speechless.

"How did you all find out?" Alexandria questioned.

"Well, there were owls passed around..." Veronica, another Seventh year explained. "We just had to find out if it was true."

"Are you scared of me?" Alexandria asked.

Many shrugged, "have you killed a person?" Alexandria shook her head. "Then we have nothing to be scared of...I mean Lupin was a bloody werewolf, ya know?"

"We give each other a fair chance at explaining themselves," Ernie gave a slight smile.

"How did it happen? If it's alright to ask," Veronica asked.

Alexandria rubbed the back of her neck and sighed, "got rushed one day in the streets. Next thing I knew I needed animal blood to live."

"But...you eat meals? We see you," someone's voice spoke up behind her.

"I'm not fully a vampire...I don't gain anything from eating but I also just want to still feel like me," Alexandria looked at the room. It wasn't crowded, maybe ten students in total but they all had similar sympathetic expressions.

"The people here right now, swear not a word will go further."

Alexandria smiled before walking out of the room, she'd never felt so welcomed in her life, and to be accepted for what she was by her own house...it gave her an unbelievable feeling. But as she neared the exit of the deep tunnel that opened to a corridor of Hogwarts, she felt that only her house would still accept her. After all her housemates would know her the best out of all students here.

Her smile quickly faded, she walked out of the tunnel to find Vic standing against the opposite wall in all black robes.

"I've always admired your house...very interesting place to live," Vic commented before the two walked down the halls.

Alexandria smiled slightly as they walked to the Great Hall, "Vic...maybe we should just eat in the kitchens." Having a bad feeling sweep over her.

"Nonsense! We'll be fine, I promise," Vic smiled. But even his carefree smile was forced, not providing comfort to Alexandria, word had spread throughout the castle and it was time to see how the student body would react.

When they finally reached the Great Hall, any conversation had stopped dead as they stood in the doorway. Every eye was focused on Alexandria.

Vic put a comforting arm around Alexandria and the two walked to the Ravenclaw table without a word. But they didn't get too far, every student present stood up and pulled out their wands—raising them and pointing them at Alexandria.